What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yesterday I bought a new steering gear box for one of my trucks. Had to pay a 120 dollar core charge, not a problem until I take the core back today and they won't refund me because I don't have the card I used with me. Also normally not a problem until that card is missing. I gave it to one of my employees to buy some gravel and he lost it. I have a replacement card on the way but it has a different number than the one for the core. I am supposed to get a hold of their corporate office to see what they can do. Worst part is that I have a corporate account at this auto parts store.

Those look good. My favorite of those three is the one on the left but they all look good

I bought a smell laser engraving printer if you need something engraved. It does a good job on leather and wood, haven't tried anything else. This picture is a test I did on my wallet. I could make you some tags for your slings.

View attachment 1482547584627.jpg

I bought a smell laser engraving printer if you need something engraved. It does a good job on leather and wood, haven't tried anything else. This picture is a test I did on my wallet. I could make you some tags for your slings.

that is slick as hell

more info please

Last edited:
Just a Chinese laser cutter. Will engrave a lot of different things but not pvc or other plastics. Painted metal will cut the paint off. I need to play with it to see what I can do. It's a small printer and can only do maybe an inch and a half square of any picture or drawing that you can save to a computer.

Frodo I need your help. I need to make a mold of a 1911 grip that I can melt metal and pour in. What should I use for the mold material?

I was about to hook my truck to the trailer to leave town today when my AC compressor decided to fail during warm up. Not a big deal as it is winter except that it seized and almost caught my truck on fire it was so hot.

I was about to hook my truck to the trailer to leave town today when my AC compressor decided to fail during warm up. Not a big deal as it is winter except that it seized and almost caught my truck on fire it was so hot.

That would have happened half way for me.:hide:

Just got into vegas, took 8 hours to get here, normally a 4-5 hour drive Max. Horrible traffic.

Seems like a waste of a hotel room I'll be back on the road in 3 1/2 hours.

Latest posts

Back