What is this metal adjustable support called?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afjes_2016

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to get a support like the one in the picture but I don't know what it is called. It is next to the white upright rectancle that I placed in the image.
It is metal with plates at the top and bottom and it is height adjustable (threads at the top).

I need it for a project in my basement. I want to support the floor right below where my washing machine will be placed.

I want to buy it on Amazon. The distance from the floor to the joist is about 62 inches. I plan on placing a 4x4 cross the joists and then support the 4x4 with this pole. I probably won't need it but feel better using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Afjes

joist support.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Much apprecaited!!

After looking at the prices on Amazon, HomeD and Lowes I am going to utilize a 4x4 pressure treated post instead for now. I more than likely don't need this support where the washer is going because I had a full size side-by-side fridge in the same spot and it was fine like that. I was just concerned with the shaking of the washing during spin cycle that maybe best to have a bit more support under it.

The weight per square foot of the fridge to the washer is probably about the same even with the washer filled with water (about 8 pounds per gallon). The shaking on spin cycle was all I was thinking about.

Front loader or top loader? Front loaders spin a lot more, but have much less water than a top loader. Though I believe the newer top loaders without an agitator don't use a lot of water either.

Top loader
Very small agitator at the bottom only. I hate the large agitators. They stretch my clothes.
Whirlpool Model: WTW5000DW1

Here is another; beam jacks

They are also called jack posts and are available, in a threaded adj. model.

Thanks for the replies.
I think for my use I will go with the wooden 4x4 post.

Back