Where do I buy railings like this? (pic)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That, may, or may not be the alternative.

While, as you've found, there are many "general" styles available, yours may have been fabricated by a local firm, or individual, or previous owner. So to copy or match you could purchase the material, rent a welder, and develop another DIY skill.

There are several rather skilled
contributors, here-in, willing to assist, if you so choose.

My guess is they were fabricated locally.

Some of the pieces may have been stock.

For me the thing that makes me think it is custom made is the Vee shaped pieces in the middle and more so the back posts being made from the smaller bar stock and not the same larger size used in the front. It looks like the two posts are set into the concrete and most off the shelf units will have feet to lag down.

Look around for local weld shops that do ornamental ironwork. Take some photos and some dimensions and you will find someone to help you make them. Or as mentioned above it would be a fun project if you are inclined to learn welding and blacksmithing.

If you check around, you probably have several railing manufacturers/installers locally or within a short drive.

The shapes used on your railing look pretty basic and simple. That would be very easy to make. I bet you could find a local guy that does general welding that would be willing to tackle that (but probably better off with place that specializes in railings).

If you were looking online, I assume you were planning the installation yourself. If the root problem is rust near the bottom, you could cut it off near the bottom, take it to a guy that does general welding and he will replace the deteriorated section. Some welding shops will have powder coating facilities which would add a very good looking and durable finish.

If you're not yet bored out of your mind searching on line, a couple of places to try include Menards & Temu.
I recently looked for railings on line & was surprised to see than Menards had a slew of styles from which to choose. In store, not so many.

Temu also sells a bunch of railing styles. The negative aspect is the wait time for delivery. Usually orders I place at Temu take 9-11 days to arrive.

If rust is a concern and you're having customs made, consider aluminum.

Paul

Last edited:
Back