Yes, it's for cats

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am all for the contest. BUT, I am in the middle of a kitchen renovation,
funds, [yes that nasty little matter of the evil green,] are tied up in that project.

That is awesome!! I would love to have something like that (although I'd need a larger version since I have 14 cats who are used to roaming on a 32 acre farm). I wonder what it would take to snake-proof something like that.

14 cats. that is officially a herd of cats

14 cats. that is officially a herd of cats

I used to have more. I lost four to cancer and another to a vet's failure to diagnose a critical injury. Plus a few just disappeared. An enclosure would make things so much nicer so I wouldn't have to worry about the cow chasing me when I go to get Captain Fluffy. LOL.

I looked it up!! it is a clowder. never "herd" that word before. :beer:

captain Fluffy???

f.gif

Last edited:
captain Fluffy???

We couldn't tell if she was male or female because she was too fluffy, so my sister named her.

Our cats mostly have interesting names. We used to have Prince Fuzzynuts, Moncheechee, Ralphus, and Durrface, but they are gone.

Currently we have (in chronological order):
1. Captain Fluffy
2. Assclown
3. Boo (a friend actually named him Jiggaboo as a joke-- and his brother that we didn't take home was Cracker)
4. Itsy
5. Bitsy
6. Ralphina
7. Kunta Kitteh
8. El Asso Wipe-o (aka L'asso)
9. Predicate
10. Nocturne
11. Imhotep
12. Ginger
13. Rupert
14. Mewlatto

The first two were left on our doorstep by their mother. The next 3 were ones we took off the hands of some elderly friends who were feeding feral cats in the neighborhood. The next 5 were Bitsy's kittens. Imhotep we found on the street about to get run over just before a hurricane. Ginger was one of the feral kitties who had a severe eye infection (she lost her eye). Rupert is her brother who had a severe ear infection and almost died (it affected his balance), and Mewlatto was out in the middle of the road in the woods lost and frightened.

And wow, I totally hijacked this thread. LOL.

But it really is a cool cat habitat, and I would love to see more habitat ideas.

Frodo, do you have a thread for your kitchen remodel?

Last edited:
not really, i have posted it on the what did you do today , on the plumbers forum

my cats
bug
.. the shelter
lil bit
..wondered up
calco
...the shelter
the dude
.. rescued
rascal
... rescued
grey bae bae
..rescued
big foot
...rescued

I wish I had cool names for mine..

Bevelry - Stray - City I worked
Chelsea - Stray - City I found them

haha! I guess im not to creative

I wish I had cool names for mine..

Bevelry - Stray - City I worked
Chelsea - Stray - City I found them

haha! I guess im not to creative

them names are cool to me .....:cool:

Our animals for the most part are named after figures from Greek and Roman Mythology..... and since my GF is from Germany we also have our giant rabbit Hasselhoff :D

IMG_1334.jpg

Our animals for the most part are named after figures from Greek and Roman Mythology..... and since my GF is from Germany we also have our giant rabbit Hasselhoff :D

That is awesome! And that really is a giant rabbit. I rescued a wild bunny from my rottweiler one day and raised it. The vet was shocked that the rabbit survived because the wild ones are apparently hard to keep alive. It wasn't too cuddly, but it would sit on my lap sometimes, take food from my hand, hop up on my desk, come over when I called, hop circles around me, and follow me around (I kept it in the house). I set up a rabbit run for it.

Drewdin, Beverly and Chelsea are pretty names.

Aww, poor kitty on the slide. Rabbits can be very cute. I've had a few over the years. I remember when my lop-eared rabbit had bunnies. My dad took them to his office to find homes for them. Everyone said "no". He had them in a box on his desk. He left his office for a few minutes to do something and when he came back the box was empty. Then he looked around and saw a bunch of macho law enforcement officers cooing over bunnies hopping on their desks. Those ones really were cute and fat-- some of them looked like bunny sumo wrestlers. They ended up being adopted rather quickly.

I'm a big softy when it comes to animals. Which is why the vet actually gave me a calf to raise. LOL.

I'll have to find the link again, but there is a millionaire who built a house with special stuff just for his 20 cats. Little passageways through the walls, spiral walk-ups, an outside area that was caged in so they could go outside (like the one in this thread), and all sorts of cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back