What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend bought an old for wagon, rear window wiper wan't working.
Checked the motor, fine,
Learned how to check relays, fine.

Opened the boot where wire goes from tailgate to car.

All the wires there were broken. Quality work. Made in America you say.

Another day, some time.

I had an 03 Ford super duty that the windows stopped working, I dealt with it for a couple years because I couldn't figure it out, finally I took out the boot between the door and cab and the ground wire was broken.

I had an 03 Ford super duty that the windows stopped working, I dealt with it for a couple years because I couldn't figure it out, finally I took out the boot between the door and cab and the ground wire was broken.

They pulled the wires to tight, no training.

I think the wire was too thick. Truck had 350,000 miles on it and almost ten years old when it went out. It was a work truck since day one and who knows how many thousands of times the door was opened. Or they pulled the wires too tight. It was about an 8 gauge wire.

I think the wire was too thick. Truck had 350,000 miles on it and almost ten years old when it went out. It was a work truck since day one and who knows how many thousands of times the door was opened. Or they pulled the wires too tight. It was about an 8 gauge wire.

This thing has 5 or 6 wires all different gauges. when they are too tight they bend in the same place all the time. metal fatigue. This is not new science, it is just not paying attention to detail.

I hope to take the afternoon off and go to the NHRA nat. event at Rt 66. Maybe get a few photos. All depends how the day goes. It'll be hot, already 86°f @ 8:45 am.

Going to a rental I had to evict a guy out of and painting, replacing doors faucets and updating the lighting fixtures.

About to take off to watch the NHRA National event at Rt66 this afternoon/evening. As long as it doesn't get rained out.

Got a few shots yesterday. Working today to make up for playing hooky yesterday.

NHRA Rt66 2017 3.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 8.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 12.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 18.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 20.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 27.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 28.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 32.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 33.jpg

NHRA Rt66 2017 39.jpg

Its not about how many breaths you take, its about how many takes your breath away.

lol, everyone of the cars in these pics will take your breath away.....if your downwind when they warm up. :hide:

Back