DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > What did you do today?

Old Today, 09:59 AM  
Chris
Guru of nothing
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 935 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 106

If he would have quoted 150 bucks if be ok with it. When he first showed up he kept saying how far out we were and being from California we didn't know what we were getting into. I guess he figures all of California is inner city?

Old Today, 10:05 AM  
havasu
on permanent vacation
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 632 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 306

So, yesterday, I thought I would conduct some preventative maintenance on my washer/dryer. The previous owner (master idiot) has the lint ducting up to the roof, which is a fire hazard and I need to repair, once the attic gets cooler. I removed the aluminum flexible lint tubing, and it was full of it. After cleaning this, I thought I would replace the water lines with steel braided water lines. I have three of them, since the dryer has a steam option. It is plumbed to the cold water spigot....anyone know if this is correct or did idiot boy mess this us as well?

(EDIT, just checked the online installation manual and it appears idiot boy was correct, and the steam option is tied to the cold water spigot.

Connecting the inlet hose
The dryer must be connected to the cold water faucet using the new inlet hoses. Do not use old hoses.
1. Turn the cold water faucet off.
2. Attach the brass female end of the Y connector (A) to the cold water
faucet.
3. Attach the straight end of long hose (B) to the Y connector.
4. Using pliers, tighten the coupling with an additional two-thirds turn.)

I then noticed master idiot boy had the incoming water lines cross threaded, and only hand tight. We purchased the washer/dryer in the house, since it was virtually brand new and idiot boy wanted to get rid of them.

I went to HD and purchased the anti-burst safety steel lines, but with the front loaders, those anti-burst lines will shut off easily, making you to have to crawl behind the washer, break the vacuum at the spigot, then reinstall. To hell with that, I returned it as defective and just picked some good quality, American made steel braided lines.

I then treated the baseboards with bug poison, mopped the floor, then tucked everything back. I should be good once I move the dryer lint exhause to a better location.

Last edited by havasu; Today at 10:15 AM.

Old Today, 10:33 AM  
Chris
Guru of nothing
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 935 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I'm almost done making my shop half way usable. I think it's been five days out here now. It is much more enjoyable now