Framing on concrete issue

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K I got it. ill try this method and if I have any other questions ill message you. So long for now

How do you get into the dryer with the wall there?

Ya that's just where the dryer was positioned when we bought the condo. Stupid. right? So when I end up doing the project in going to switch the washer and dryer positions.

Very surprised you noticed that

I noticed the dryer location I think because the house we bought was set up with the dryer to the left of the washing machine. All dryer doors open left to right and it’s a pain putting damp stuff in the dryer when the door is sticking out in the way. I had to switch ours around also.
Make sure there is enough room to get the washer and dryer out of the room. If your layout is to scale the furnace and water heater look like they are close and they won’t fit.

What you learn in school is all the textbook ways things are supposed to be. New construction and everyone following the plan. What you are now learning is what reality is really like and how you have to think outside the box. There are many ways to get around that messy floor problem and one is to remove the lumps. I think I would work around it and here is what I would do. For a bottom plate use a PT 4x4 take your saw and set it to 45 and rip a 2x2 chamfer down the length to clear the lump. Use a 2x4 top plate and cut each stud to be a tap in fit and screw it all together. Do the vapor barrier and all the rest as recommended above first.

I noticed the dryer location I think because the house we bought was set up with the dryer to the left of the washing machine. All dryer doors open left to right and it’s a pain putting damp stuff in the dryer when the door is sticking out in the way. I had to switch ours around also.
Make sure there is enough room to get the washer and dryer out of the room. If your layout is to scale the furnace and water heater look like they are close and they won’t fit.

What you learn in school is all the textbook ways things are supposed to be. New construction and everyone following the plan. What you are now learning is what reality is really like and how you have to think outside the box. There are many ways to get around that messy floor problem and one is to remove the lumps. I think I would work around it and here is what I would do. For a bottom plate use a PT 4x4 take your saw and set it to 45 and rip a 2x2 chamfer down the length to clear the lump. Use a 2x4 top plate and cut each stud to be a tap in fit and screw it all together. Do the vapor barrier and all the rest as recommended above first.

Bud, Not bad if the floor was reasonably flat but your 4x4 would have to be scribed to fit the floor before you angle cut it for the lumps.
I have never run into lumps like this but we do run into sewer pipes running along side that wall all the time. It may runn along the ceiling or close to the floor are anywhere in between. We can ask the plumbers to come back and move it but that takes time and still leaves a pipe somewhere to deal with so we build walls much like I suggested with out much talk about it. Just build around things and make it look good.

Latest posts

Back