What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud: have you put some temp walls up in the garage, that is a low slope.

it's a crazy built thing it started out as just the center building where the door is and then they added a leantoo on both sides so the span is broken up about half way. the rafters are RR crossing beams. the guy before me was a real scrounger. :)

They have several barns. Two years ago they were milking about 150 and had another 150 coming along. They got out of dairy and now are just raising replacement cows for others and only have around 100. So they just moved them to another barn.

Another cold night ahead and snow on the way.

As soon as the insurance guy takes a look I have a feeling a new roof wont wait till spring that area will flood without a roof and the water will fill the lower barn.

14 this morning I did a double take expecting to see the minus sign. About 6 inches of snow over night and still coming down.

If the township ever comes down the road I will fire up the truck and plow. Last week I figured them a no show so I plowed and sure enough 5 minutes later here they come and fill the end in .

5 here this Morning, snow has just started,, expecting 4-6. so we already have about 30 inches on the ground.... Fun is.:help:

Update:

Well Erie is in the 100” club at least but still in 5th place about 6 or 8 inches out of first. So it’s a good race shaping up. It’s not over till the fat lady sings.
http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

Where I live 30 miles south of the airport where they measure the snow we are in the snow belt. A neighbor has been keeping track and says we have had 200” plus. Nothing official though. We now know why Walmart makes their parking lots so big though they are at least half snow mountains now. I don’t think they calculated that into the retention pond size.

Teens this morning felt great for a change.

A very boring and uneventful winter here (MN) so far.

Cold January, above average February and about 12" of snow below average with about 2" on the ground where there is snow. The higher sun height and more daylight time is evaporating and not really melting the snow even on days down to 0F.

About 21F at 10:50 PM and going up during the night with light snow starting to give us a whopping snow fall of 1-3" by 9:00AM. - Messy morning driving, but nothing major.

We get the NW weather in the winter and not the moisture from the south. The Alberta "clippers" from the NW are not bad since come like they are train tracks and give us 2"-3" of light "sissy" snows and some cold dry air afterward.

It seems all the horrible winter storms end up south of the Great Lakes. They have shut down the skating shelters here and discontinued trying to maintain outdoor rinks, but that is not too important since there are so many indoor rinks for year around skating.

We have a shortage of snow pack on the mountains so we will have shortages of water in summer. The early flowers are great but the cool mornings are keeping the bees in so the blueberry crop may be in trouble this year, that is a big deal.

Well I have been asking for the weather to change so I guess I’m getting my wish. Today they are talking about an ice storm later in the day. Those are always a lot of fun trying to get out of the city after work.
Mid-teens today.

Snowing again... 4 more inches... and 20 degrees... we are havin a heat wave....:banana:
Coldest recorded Month of February ever in Conn. It was fun...lets hope march is a Melto rama...
The latest, we have ever drawn sap from a tree is March 20th... this presents an issue when we have not been really above freezing since Dec.... looks like we start tappin the trees this weekend...gonna be sunny and 33 for a high....
Gonna be a quick season...:help:

Coldest month on record here as well. They were tapping trees here last weekend.

Last night was a wild ride roads were ice covered and then a 40 degree rain on top. The only thing that kept me on the road was the studs. Cars were in ditches everyplace.
Got home and took a look at the garage roof water was running off but that snow was holding a lot also. So far so good.

Was 32 this morning.

Yeah well..Join the club...:D
I once had 24 inches of white fluffy snow on the ground... Now its 24 inches of new concrete....and glare ice where we cleaned...Gonna be tough gettin to those trees on Saturday...

Back