What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have the same 6 inches of ice on my driveway I don’t think a road grader could get it up. I’m not as worried about the 24” of concrete on the ground as I am the 24” on the garage roof. I was thinking about cutting a 1 foot cube out of the yard and weighing it so I could figure out where I’m at on the roof but then I thought I would rather not know.

Last night I took the dog out and there was an ice icicle hanging off the rail about 2 inches thick and I broke it off and tossed it on the ice and it rang like a bell. Never saw that before so I kicked it down the driveway and it played a little winter song. The dog wasn’t as amused as I was by that, nor the woman in the house that said show me on a warmer day.

Good luck tomorrow with the tree tapping safety first.

You know things are changing when we don't get rain for a month in the winter and temps are in the 40s and fifties.
For the rest of you, is the fun over yet?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEIDf1YhiQ[/ame]

I wore shorts and flip flops yesterday, outside! It's supposed to be about 95 this weekend.

We have been having warmer days mid 40’s and then below freezing at night. Lots of black ice and potholes. It felt so wonderful last night we took the dog down to walk across the dam. It’s a mile each way. Warm and wind at our backs crossing over and then the sun went behind the trees coming back. It was something to see though we got there and there was only one parking spot left. Kids on bikes guys wearing shorts and tee shirts. People were going stir crazy I think.

Looked like this only 4 foot deep of snow on each side of the road and the lake is ice with ice fisherman all over.

woodcock-lake-park.jpg

Well...still pretty bad around here... one day of 60 then right back to 25 the rest of the week...still 18 inches of snow on the ground, and the buds in the trees just started.
We got 1 day of sap running yesterday...thats it..25 gallons so far, and we cooked it down to 2 quarts today..in 4 hrs.
Looks like a short season this year... we may get one more run, then the sap goes bad.
Toughest winter yet for sure....:beer:

Well mud season is here officially. The garage roof survived and its down to maybe 8” of snow on it as its been slowly melting all week and with rain in the forecast for this weekend it should melt the rest I’m hoping. The driveway is like oatmeal as is the yard. The huge snow banks are receding along the main roads and yesterday driving home I saw on average one deer per mile emerging from the melting snow. The state boys are going to be busy picking up frozen carcasses. Ice fishing is done as of yesterday as they brought a icebreaker over from Canada to open the shipping lanes and it needed serviced in our bay so it made a mess of things. 30” of ice cover this year the most in my lifetime.

The bitter cold kept the snows down late in the winter and we are coming in at 6th place in the snow fall race. We only had 104” and Worcester and Syracuse are both at 115” I don’t see us sneaking back in this one this year.

I need a tri-axle load of stone and Holly needs to bring the skid steer home from the farm for the day but I think its so muddy we better wait a bit.

Temp is 40 at 8:30am and the sap is running. Maple-fest taste n tour is today. That’s always fun.

Mud season...and Snow season up here... we dont know what to do anymore.:D

Hot for this time of year. Should be about 20 degrees colder but here in SoCal you never know. It could snow next week.

Ya after a month of sun shine we got cought up with the rain on the weekend with a little snow on the mountains, now back to sun. 48 right now.

Latest posts

Back