What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We always get snow on Saint Patty’s Day. Today should be no different.

Still have a foot of snow on the ground. and its 34 degrees and sprinkling.. going up to 50 by lunch... then down to 15 by midnight.
And I'm wondering why I stay here......:D

I think it's been a lucky break that the temps are staying in the '40s. The ground is keeping up with the melt. Would be a real mess if all this snow melted any faster. The animals are definitely thinking spring. The turkeys are back to foraging and a woodchuck (def not a gopher;) ) passed through the yard yesterday. And the hyacinths are poking out of the ground already.

Well it's March 28 and winter is still hanging on. Low teens over night and woke to 18F and a couple inches of new snow.

The dog didnt seem to mind but i'm ready to throw in the towel.

March 28 2015.jpg

30 and snowing, 3 inches forecast...still have 8 inches of Hard stuff on the ground...went out to the lake today for Ice fishing. Bantam Lake in Litchfield has 26 inches.... till the auger hit the water.
Gonna be tip ups for opening day this year..LOL
I have No idea how come CT is gettin punished this year with cold.
I'm off to the outer banks in a few weeks..so I dont care anymore..

At 7:00 it was 8 F today the dog threw in the towel also.

It's going up to 40 by midday so there is hope.

We found bear prints yesterday in the snow behind the house that measured 6", that explains why the dog wouldn’t stop sniffing and looking at the woods yesterday.

From MSP, MN.

This morning, it is about 35F with sprinkles of rain and a high of 50F. Tomorrow 60F. The rain (what ever there is) will be welcome because we did not get enough snow over the winter.

I don't think it will be enough to totally "freshen up" the landscape, but it is a start.

This time of the year, I have seen it hit 75F in late March/early April, so anything possible could happen in the "theater of seasons" here. - Possibly a small tornado or two.

Dick

Not so sure you want to find what made the foot prints Bud.

Oh I know. We talked about that last night at dinner. As much as I would love to see it and get a few pictures it wouldn’t bother me a bit to know it migrated back where it came from. We talked about relocating the garbage cans even though there wasn’t any sign of them getting messed with yet.

I’m sure it’s the length of the winter and the coldness and there isn’t the normal spring feed around that has it so close to people.

We have been looking good before we go into any closed in places just in case. :hide:

here's one of neighbors, helping himself to some pears off the tree:

These pics go back a few years, but it's pretty common for our neighborhood.
Took the kids to Hershey Park zoo when they were little. We were standing at the fence to the black bear enclosure, when my younger daughter said "our bears are bigger". We got some strange looks from the folks standing next to us.

pearbear 05.jpg

pearbear 06.jpg

A couple more of a different neighbor, taken in 2008. Needless to say, nobody around here hangs bird feeders close to the ground anymore.
After a snack, this guy climbed a tree near the house and took a nap.

100_1358.jpg

100_1385.jpg

Florida has a population of black ,bears, might want to let him know..... ;D

If he is real scurred of the Bear, might want to keep it to yourself !!

Lived in washington state when I was little. outside of puallup [sp?]
One morning, my mom looks out the kitchen window. A big ole bear was eatting the apples off of the apple tree.

Latest posts

Back