What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38* here today for the high, overcast and a good breeze...maybe snow flurries this weekend. Guess it's time to put the water skis away.

That photo doesn't do it justice. The cheapest home in this community is a few million.

It's an odd place all these million dollar homes surrounded by ghetto.

ImageUploadedByHome Repair1415845158.850540.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Repair1415845192.278223.jpg

Hey Bud, just heard the news after a couple days away from the computer. Glad to see that it's worked out ok. Just remember, if they want to put in that filter, to get three bids, and def don't to try to DIY it.

I said no to the filter I didn’t mind them putting it in it seems it’s one of these deals where they poke a little hole and thread it in about 4 feet to where it’s needed and it locks in with fish hooks. When I asked if the filter was user serviced they said no in fact as easy as it goes in there is major excavation required to get it out. Now that I’m running 5W20 instead of the 20W40 I think the filter won’t be needed.

Today was our first winter blast the lake effect machine is kicking in this morning. It’s in the low 30 and going to keep dropping. There was a trace of snow here at 6:30 and now at 7:30 a few inches. My plan was to service the plow and dig it out last weekend and be ready from then on. Staying alive got in the way of that plan. All last winter I plowed the 20 something year old kids across the street driveway, so I’m not going to feel too bad asking him to come over and wrestle out this 500 pound plow.

Let the snow race begin! :clap:

Dont be afriad toask for help. And you know we'll all be cheering for you again this year. ;d

We hope to pulverize last year’s 138.4” total. Anchorage is off to a fast start with 3.8” but I think by tonight we will have reeled them in a good bit. It’s more of a marathon than a sprint. Slow and steady wins the race.

There is a column out in our shop that someone started recording the first snow fall of the season on about 60 years ago. As people retired they handed the job off to someone else and me and another guy have been doing it about 20 years. He retired last year so today I’m going hunting today for a youngster to carry on the tradition.

By the end of work today we had a good 8 inches of wet snow and temps dropping. I didn't think I would get out of the city. My 45 minute drive home took 2.5 hours. I never saw mass hysteria like I did tonight. I counted 9 wrecks in one 15 mile stretch. The problem came from two groups IMO the first being under 25 male with hat on backwards bunch. They were doing 60 MPH plus. The second group was any car or mini van with the stick people on the rear window. They were going 15 MPH with white knuckles and four way flashers going. Most had face pressed to windshield.

I don't want to go back there tomorrow so bad.

Temp 29 and falling

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Back