california going dry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved that one on snow.

“It’s so close, and there’s so very much of it,” she added, “but what good does it do anyone?
I mean come on, it goes great with chips and dip!

Are they trying to tell me if you put a can of coke in a distiller, the water wouldn't come out?

With the summer fire concerns, do you have a gas pump and fire hose for your "reservoir?"

If and I mean a big IF that article was anywhere close to truth, how do they explain that when consumed by the human body, the liquid is filtered and eliminated as body waste? If the Onion spoke any form of truth about this then we'd all die from drinking Coke products.

Just my :2cents:

that is why I added the:hide:

:banana::D

I'll take two!

News is saying we are cutting 25% whether we like it or not. Wonder if our governor or any other officials are going to have to cut back?

I'll take two!

News is saying we are cutting 25% whether we like it or not. Wonder if our governor or any other officials are going to have to cut back?

hell no, i bet he takes a few laps in an olympic pool every morning.

rationing is for you pions....

I'll take two!

Unfair, house likely controlled by state maintenance and laws would have to change.

I'll take two!

wonder how much 2000 miles of hose would cost?

funny-california-water-1.jpg

California is just like Florida. Billions of gallons running into the Ocean everyday from Rivers, Streams, Springs etc and the gubt is saying we have to conserve while they build de-sal plants, reservoirs pumping out of rivers mandatory water restrictions etc while billions of gallons of fresh water that could be used are running into the salt water. Been going on here for years. We have more water than we could use and they are trying to scare the general public out of their wallets.

It's called politics!

As of this morning supposedly the metropolitan water district who supplies many of the local districts with water is going to cut water by 20% in a few months.

Mr. Jerry brown says there will be fines of 500 a day for using too much water. We are being told to take five minute or less showers.

I just want to know how Mr. Jerry Brown got in for a second go round. There must be some very low info voters out there.

The fines make perfect sense; since they have used up all the things that they could tax.

I just want to know how Mr. Jerry Brown got in for a second go round. There must be some very low info voters out there.

It's called entitlements. The same reason the POTUS got his second gig.

It's called entitlements. The same reason the POTUS got his second gig.

I'm afraid your right. I have no idea how we are going to slow it down.

I live in a unique place where water will run in two directions sometimes fairly close together. The great lake basin takes water north and right as you cross the ridge water flows south and eventually ends up in the Gulf of Mexico. Both directions end in salt water. This time of year with the rains and the thaws there is so much water rolling both directions it would make your head spin. The great lakes are the largest body of fresh water on the planet and mostly untapped.

There is a group that think anything mankind does is wrong and the solution is to stop all progress because it’s all greed driven and bad. On the other hand most of California if left to nature would be a desert just as nature provided that the vast amounts of fresh water flowing out of my area should return to the oceans to evaporate and come back down as rain and snow.

Logic plays such a small part how these decisions of leaders are deployed and economics drives it all. Economics is nothing but a tool to control people with. It’s time people wake up and step back and look at the large picture.

On a similar but slightly off topic subject my brother in law Mr. Knowitall brings an article Easter day to show me a wonderful thing the police will be doing shortly with new smart cars and GPS. He was telling how the police will be able to issue speeding tickets based on the information your car feeds them. Won’t it be wonderful the cops won’t have to leave the station and the roads will be safer. I told him that’s only half the story like Paul Harvey used to say. I said they know where you are at they know the direction they know the speed limit and they know the road conditions and how many cars are on that road. I said why not just limit the speed the car can go based on all that and forget about speeding altogether. The answer is no speeding no revenue stream. And then I told him now you know the rest of the story. The government wants you to speed.

Years ago I said on a holiday weekend between Erie and Pittsburg you could see 40 state troopers with radar guns each getting paid a big salary with training way beyond writing tickets. Why not pay someone minimum wage to drive a pace car down the center of the lanes with a big lighted bar so no one could pass it going the speed limit. Ten people doing that would control 100% of the speeders.

It’s all about money and power not water and the people in control do not lack logic and intelligence just the opposite they are doing exactly what their plan is they are not stupid buffoons they are highly intelligent with an agenda and are following a plan.

Back