Coins

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do your penny boards have a spot for the 1909 S VDB. As a kid mine did but they used to leave the cardboard slug in the hole as they were even rarer than the VDB.

I see you can still buy the S VDB if you have 100 grand burning a hole in your pocket you can own one in mint condition.

http://lincolncents.net/1909-s-vdb-lincoln-cent/

i prefer to click clack for my coins, i buy a box of pennies at the bank.$25.00 and go thru it
cull out 1982 and older, and all 2009. roll em back up and exchange for another box

heres a couple of 1909 P

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Last edited:
in 2009, the lincoln penny underwent a major change. the shield replaced the the lincoln memorial
the 4 designs are low mints and will be valuable in later years .
the 4 scenes are a tribute to Pres. Lincoln
also, the 2009 nickel went thru a change and are collectible also

any change from the norm makes that coin collectible.

did you know there are 7 types [varieties] of 1982 penny?
that was the year coins went from copper to zinc

http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/2008/09/lincoln_memorial_cent-2.php

scan0005.jpg

Last edited:
Chris, you ever get a chance to look thru your pennies? see what you need?
see if you have a 31s. post up what your missing. I have a bunch of coins we can trade

i have about 5 pounds of pre 82 copper's

I'll get into it pretty soon, work keeps getting in the way of fun.

My bank used to have a coin machine with no charge. It was nice but I'm odd and save all my change. One day I'll buy a new car with it.

here is what i use. you just load it up. no counting. quarter,dime,nickel,penny
i need another one and cant find this SOB anywhere.
I have no idea where it came from.

001.jpg

Last edited:
The one was looking for was a cone shape that you loaded coins in and cranked it like a salad dryer and it sorted coins. A friend has one but is probably 30 years old.

Back