Funny Pictures and stories....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of a crash I saw once. A truck left the road and took out the traffic light - pole & all - from the median. The pole fell, of course, across the road. A car coming up behind the truck didn't see the pole (he might have been watching the truck) and rolled right over it. I don't know how he did it, as it was at as high as his bumper, but he cleared it with all four wheels. I wonder if he had to change a few parts.

I once had a 1970 cougar and pulled a pop up camper to a campground down state. We got there ok setup camp and then were leaving to do some site seeing. The dirt road had a high crown and on the way out right dead center was a pipe sticking up for people to empty the holding tank. I caught the pipe with a brand new muffler I had just put on and the muffler locked on the pipe in the ground and went back and jammed on the frame and made a form of a pole vault except for the whole car. We hit that thing and all hell broke loose. Engine roaring the car flew straight up about 3 feet and then came down and smashed our heads in the roof the baby flew up in the air. Days before car seats. And started crying people came running from all directions. As it ended up the muffler was folded around the axle and wouldn’t come off. I spent all day under it with a hack saw cutting the muffler in half and then we drove home 200 miles with straight pipes with cotton in our ears. When I would see a cop I would coast for a mile to get past him as it was so loud. Funny now not so much at the time.

As I stopped at a red light I had a wheel pop off the front of a ford one time the tire went straight back under the drivers door and I was looking up then the tire popped out the side and was bouncing about 20 ft in the air. I jumped out and stopped trafic in all directions, not a good day!

Hi babe,

I am sorry about getting into an argument about putting up the Christmas lights. It's just that sometimes I feel like you are pushing me too hard when you want something. I realise that I was wrong and I am apologising for being such a hard-hearted bastard. All I want is for you to be happy and be able to enjoy Christmas. Nothing brightens Christmas like Christmas lights!

I took the time to hang the lights for you today; and now I will be off to the pub.

Again, I am very sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I'll be home later.

Love you......

Her response

Hi sweetheart,

Thank you for that heartfelt apology. I don't often get an apology from you, and I truly appreciate it. I too felt bad about the argument and wanted to apologise. I realise that I can sometimes be a little pushy. I will try to respect your feelings from now on.

Thank you for taking the time to hang the Christmas lights for me. It really means a lot.

In the spirit of giving, I washed your ute for you , and now I am off shopping. See you later.

I love you too .....

ATT00013.jpg

ATT00016.jpg

the head of our FBI ??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0Yt94unQ4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0Yt94unQ4[/ame]

31537356.jpg

545779f6b44ad684d823a8fab5a15a4f.jpg

i-must-murder-it.jpg

This is FUNNY,,,This girl gets "Spanked"

listen at 6:28 LOL

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVi4D_O8AM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVi4D_O8AM[/ame]

This is FUNNY,,,This girl gets "Spanked"

listen at 6:28 LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVi4D_O8AM
Ooh, I'll have to watch after midnight and see.

Forgot to mention that I'm not surprised that the FBI director didn't know something. Hell, back before the reorg, the commissioner of INS didn't know that Customs was not part of INS. At the time they weren't even under the same Dept. INS was under Department of Justice and Customs was under Department of Treasury. Now they have merged and both are under Homeland Security. Also, one of the commissioners of INS didn't know that Puerto Rico was part of the US. He wanted to deport all of the Puerto Ricans.

I used to live in a Visa waiver country. Now I'm being told that I will have to get a passport if I want to fly within the US because Louisiana driver's license doesn't meet the requirements as proper ID for travel. Ah, bureaucracy!

Watched it again and daaamn. She got curbstomped on some of that. A simple yes or no question that she should have been able to answer and she came off as an idiot. Although the "that is a question for state department" is a valid and regular answer. If it is not under her department it is not her place to answer. However, she should have had the ICE info-- but then, when they reorganized they cut out a lot of essential employees and have a bottleneck in DC. The different federal agencies do not have very open communications with one another.

The KY form though... LOL.

Last edited:
Today we got finished early so I went grocery shopping. I grabbed a buggy and started in the produce dept. About half way thru the area I noticed a very elderly lady pushing her buggy towards me with a big smile on her face.
As we met, she says, " fancy meeting you here Bill" I didn't know who she was so I just smiled at her and kept going. Half way up the next aisle, there she is again, smiling. I tried to keep my eyes away by reading packages.
Did you know they write things on toilet paper packages? Anyway as she past me she said " I have really missed you Bill. That got my attention and I looked at her but she never looked back, so I carried on. In the next aisle, there she is again but this time when she sees me she just stopped and waited until I got to her and I knew I wasn't going to get past here again so I just faced her and she said " I really have to apologize, I know you are not Bill, I just miss him so much and you look like him" So what the hell I asked " was Bill your husband" and she answered, " Bill was the youngest and last of my three sons and I lost him to cancer last year". I tried to find something comforting to say, don't remember but we talked for a few minutes and I went to move on and she said " would you mind if we walk together, you seem like a nice man. Who are going to call, I said sure and I heard all about Bill and his brothers and how the grew up and worked and died, really pretty sad. About half way thru the store she asked, " would you humer an old lady and let me call you son" I said " sure" thinking what the hell.
So when we got to the check out I let her go first and she is making small talk with the girl at the till and says to her " isn't my son a good looking guy" I pretended I didn't here that and continued putting my things on the belt. So finally she has finished up and starts pushing her buggy away, then she turns and says " thanks a lot Bill, we'll see you later". Not to be out done I responded with " ya i'll see you later and she was gone.
Thinking more about her and this experience I hadn't even paid attention to the monitor showing thing being rung in at the till but when the girl was done she looks at me and says "That will be $328.32" I said "that can't be right" and she said " well that includes your mothers stuff". I looked out and saw she was still in the parking lot and I said " call security or police or someone, that B----- is not my mother". I ran out after her and by then she was at the old Caddy but by the way she was throwing bags in the trunk, that broad was not some 90 year old. Just as she headed for the drivers door a car pulled in in front of her and I thought good I do have a chance of stopping her. As she made a dash to get in she cought her foot or shoe on something so the door was still open and her left leg was still out of the car. She got it started and put it in reverse just as I got there and the door knocked me on my ***. If she turned the other way she would have run over my legs with her front tire. As I fell iI grabbed her leg, not by choice it was just there and when she stopped I pulled her leg while yelling some profanities, but she then put it in drive and I really pulled her leg and then pulled it harder, just like I am pulling yours.

Back