Gas Pump Display

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need him to post up some of these great TOYS.

I am sure he has many great stories to share.

An American Pickers honey hole but not for sale?

Unfortunately, I've been trying to get him to sell me the T-Bird for 10+ years. Nope, nothing is for sale. Some of his finer cars are a '53 T-bird with just a few thousand miles on it (the Baby Blue car in the pics), a first year Corvette with a six cylinder (behind the baby blue T-Bird), a 1960 Cadillac, and a 34 ford with NOX which has been dyno'ed at 950 HP. Just last month he bought a '57 Buick, a '59 Edsel, and a '37 Ford.

I must have something wrong with me because if I had all those I would find some way to display them. I couldn't have all that just hiding in the garage waiting to die.

When he pulls the scratchy covers off those relics, I really cringe. I also thing a nice, dustproof huge garage would be his best bet. I also think he should have a mechanic employed full time just to rotate the air in the tires.

He doesn't. If he has a hankering to drive one, he will pull it out, replace the battery, pour some fresh gas in it, and fires it up.

Seems like a waste of money on batteries and fuel and carb cleaning. Noit to mention tires and everything that goes bad from sitting.

Money is about the least concern for him. As he says, "He who dies with the most toys wins!"

You should see his gun collection! Beautiful collection, but I'm always giving him crap about the dirt and dust on them.

He can give the guns to me and I will take good care of them.

Me too! Right after the divorce!

Wow! I believe I would be bringing him coffee and paper every morning so some day he may let me have a shot at one of them.
He has some really nice stuff there. Unfortunately, with this ethanol gas, letting a vehicle (with rubber fuel lines) sit up is a no-no. That crap will eat up a fuel line in a short amount of time, trust me.

Here are my rides.
The 1933 Ford is an all Henry steel car. The 1969 Chevy truck is my daily driver.
100_1351.jpg

265.jpg

I wish you luck getting some of those treasures.
Cheers!
Mickm

Mickm,

That is a great couple of cars.

That 1969 Chevy is a neat driver for sure. Sure a great paint combo.

That is great Chris! Where on earth did you find that great relic of the past?

Really sweet! I'm looking for the progress on that.

Awesome Chris! That is a sweet looking pump. Please keep us informed as to your progress.

Here are a couple shots from where I got mine. This is less than a third of what he has.

100_1685.jpg

100_1664.jpg

Pumps are still out there. If anyone is interested in one of these, Id be glad to hook you up with the guy.

cheers!
Mickm

Latest posts

Back