General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool lighting affects, natural, no ps.
DSC01854.jpg

my mug with the weapon of the hour. oh and the walls are going up.
DSC01856.jpg

Where we are now.
DSC01858.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

Oh and I put a 3in finish nail from my air nailer through my thumb...it hit another nail and turned on me...went in the pad, and out the nail...ouch...sorry no pics of that. Back to work tomorrow, more progress soon.

Hey Logan and Kim:
Its looking good, keep up the good work.
Keep in mind: nails are supposed to grow out of the fingers, not stick through them. Sorry about your mishap, be careful.
Glenn

Ouch! How old is the paint on those walls--are there serious lead issues to consider?

It's just like me to get home from work only to go online and watch more of it, hehe. I'm new 'round here and just want to say "Wow!" You sure know how to tackle a project.

Congrats on the new house. I'll be hangin' out watching further developements. I just love this stuff! :D

Nice pictures on your website, I know the feeling of coming home to post on these sites...but helping out is good for the soul.:D Plus you learn a lot from all the great ,knowledgeable folks out there.We can always set up a chair for another.:D

Wow, sorry guys even though progress has been slow I've been neglecting my updating. More pics and stories shortly.

Well we have done alot since the last posting. I was promoted at work and had lots of training to do. Im a manager at Home Depot now...go figure. All the drywall is up, and most of the compounding is done, still have a few spots to do. The walls have been primered once with Killz2, and are being touched up now. The can lights are in, as well as the exhaust fan, sconce boxes, GFCI outlets, and light switches. Its coming along although very slowly.

Entrance, wall on right is south.
DSC01884_800x800.jpg

South wall
DSC01886_800x800.jpg

East and North walls
DSC01885_800x800.jpg

North and West walls with partition, man I loooooooove that window!!
DSC01887_800x800.jpg

Next is the West wall and entrance
DSC01888_800x800.jpg

The faucets for the vanity and tub are the same.
DSC01890_800x800.jpg

The sconces...one on each side
DSC01891_800x800.jpg

The 40$ a gallon paint were using...dont mess up
DSC01892_800x800.jpg

Generally things are coming together, the wife has a job now, and she likes it. I was promoted and will recieve three raises over the next few months up to around 16.50-17.00 per hour, and I should have more time to work on this.

Lemme know what you think, and thanks for all the good comments and encouragement.

Congrats on the promotion and upcoming pay raises, and same to the wife on her new job.

The work is looking great. I see a plastic elec. box with Romex wiring and I'm jealous. Here in Chicago, code requires steel boxes and ridgid conduit. What a pain in the butt! :rolleyes:

Don't work to hard over the holidays, and have a Very Merry Christmas! You've earned it. :D

Well we got a little more done today. Didnt have alot of time, but anythings better than nothing.

got the sconces installed and working, the put a quirky looking light pattern out, but they worked the first time...woot.
DSC01938_800x800.jpg

DSC01937_800x800.jpg

Got the pipe put in for the A/C drain that will hook into the vanity drain lines
DSC01939_800x800.jpg

Got the OSB and the drywall up on the dining room ceiling, yeah its greenboard in a needless area, but its all we had, and it was sunday so nowhere was open to get plain drywall.
DSC01936_800x800.jpg

DSC01935_800x800.jpg

DSC01934_800x800.jpg

Just a little bit more insulation to put up and we can hang drywall in the dinning room, and kinda get ready to do the kitchen, which we have decided to knock down another exterior wall and rebuild it how we want it. We also got the house wrap installed outside, and for now didnt cut out the windows, but thatll come. Things are coming together...we can kinda see the end of all this...

Buying the tile, and everything that goes with that tomorrow, and that project will be happening soon.

Ill keep with the updates as they come...should be painting the b-room some time this week.

Green board is fine...just may need an extra coat of primer to get the ceiling color to not be to drastic of a difference when you paint it white.:D
Keep up the good work.:)

Well your Really rockin lol, it's always nice when you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Good work

Well no pics this time, but we did pick up the tile today. The floor will be tiny 2inch squares in a mottled kakhi color, the tub surround will be matte white, and there will be a few accent tiles on the wall behind the tub. So far we have the tools, backerboard, and tile. Still need all the grout, mortar, blah blah.

Ill check back in after the new year...

Okay, you roused our expectations. Next to woodworking, tile is my favorite kind of work. Looking forward to it.

And Happy New Year! :D

Picked up the grount, thinset, sealer, cheese cloth, and caulk today. There is still some work to be done before I can lay tile in there. Finish the compounding, caulk the corners, clean clean clean clean and clean some more, then paint, wait, repaint, and style the paint, primer and paint the ceiling, and only then can I lay tile.

But we are moving foreward. Check back after next weekend for more updates.

Well heres a story for ya, we were talking about getting a hopper gun for spraying the texture, and my father in law said, ''I think my dad had one of those." So after a few mins he comes out of the shed with a 30 year old texture gun with the fiberglass hopper still intact. I figured hey its free try it out. Wouldnt ya know after a good cleaning and some sprucing up, that darn thing sprayed like a champ.

Got the ceiling textured today, orange peel style.
DSC01944.jpg

Close up
DSC01948.jpg

Kim priming the area
DSC01974.jpg

Primered, oops missed a spot
DSC01977.jpg

The final primer done.
DSC01984.jpg

Hung more gypsum in the dining room.
DSC01946.jpg

Taped and floated just to set the tape, more to be done later.
DSC01980.jpg

Well heres a story for ya, we were talking about getting a hopper gun for spraying the texture, and my father in law said, ''I think my dad had one of those." So after a few mins he comes out of the shed with a 30 year old texture gun with the fiberglass hopper still intact. I figured hey its free try it out. Wouldnt ya know after a good cleaning and some sprucing up, that darn thing sprayed like a champ.

Got the ceiling textured today, orange peel style.
][/QUOTE]

Nice job, so hows the neck:D :D

Teaser of the countertop, floor tile, and wall color. We didnt have a sample of the countertop when we got the tile, and hoped for the best, and I think we did ok.
DSC01983.jpg

Full tile, against the white vanity, the grout lines will be white also.
DSC01945.jpg

Oh, and inspector Im not absolutely sure the ceiling in the dining room is going to be white. We havnt made it that far yet. The walls are gonna be a rich reddish orange. We do know that. Every room will be using color to evoke a mood. Blue in the bath for tranquility, Red kitchen for excitement and warmth, neutral brownish in the living room for calming(especially with the fireplace were adding). You get the gist.

The kitchen and dining area will have an industrial contemporary theme, so the ceiling could very well end up black, or dark red. Dunno yet.

How we doing?

LOL necks ok daryl its only a 9-12, and that gun is a champ.

Back