General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a huge project. I don't envy you, but at the same time I'm glad to see a lot of progress! Did you buy the place knowing you'd have to put so much work into it?

The bathroom is very nice with that large window. I foresee that jet tub getting a lot of use when this is all done!

The place is looking great. Haven't made any comments lately cuz that's about all I can say. Except I kinda like the ceiling texture before you painted it, with the greenboard background, looked pretty cool.

Speaking of color, I'm glad to hear (or read) you're going with rich colors and themes for the different rooms. I can't tell you how many of my clients totally lack any imagination. Paint's are more than just a wall coating. :cool:

Thanks for all the good comments guys. When we bought the house, we knew what we were going to do, however we did not know what all that would entail. We just jumped nailgun first and went to town.

Thanks Daryl for agreeing about the tile, we think itll work beautifully.
Thanks Quattro for the nice comments, we acctually got the window for a very cheap price. 180 dollars almost 80% off
Thanks Toolguy, Ive checked out your site and you to great work, so hearing that were doing a good job from you(and all others) means alot.

Oh geeezzz... blush, blush

Thanks.

I think they should make you Home Depot DIY of the year. Maybe even have you host a show or something.
041.gif

What's with the jumpin jack smileeeeeeeee. Someone had to much caffiene.:D
Paint it what YOU want..you are in a free country I hope.;)
Tiles look great and the colors sound new, now what about that checkered flag for your finish line.:D

Oh geeezzz... blush, blush

Thanks.

I think they should make you Home Depot DIY of the year. Maybe even have you host a show or something.
041.gif

You know its funny you say that. There is a show that plays on CCTV up at work called Home Depot TV. They have DIYers that work with HD on there all the time, but you have to work in Atlanta to get on.:mad:

And I'm wondering if I have the skills to install shelves in my closet.

You go kid!!

Hey man, I didnt know if I had the skills to do what we are doing. Just measure three times and cut once. Remember that and youll be fine. A warning though. This is addicting. First its shelves. Then its a cabinet here and there, and pretty soon your adding a 900sqft addition for a hottub and a foosball table. Becarefull with it, this hobby is expensive.:eek:

Got more done today, but Im at a slow point. Painted the walls in the bathroom, adn this color rocks. The pics dont do it justice really. Also got some more drywall up in the dinning room, and taped that. And there is a pic of our accent tiles.

dinning room
DSC01985_800x800.jpg

a/c closet getting some sound deadening. Using 5/8 drywall on that bad boy.
DSC01986_800x800.jpg

first coat of paint with flash
DSC01987_800x800.jpg

first coat of paint no flash, and thats really close to how it looks in person, the sconces will add more light, and if not we are gonna install another can above the vanity.
DSC01988_800x800.jpg

detail
DSC01989_800x800.jpg

accent tile
DSC01990_800x800.jpg

This paint is 40 bux a gallon, and we bought two. It ended up only taking a 1/2 gallon to do the whole room twice, so now I have some custom color paint that I cant take back. Wonder what else would look good this color?

Whadda ya think. Tomorrow we will be screwing down the backerboard for the tile, and getting started on that.

The cedar siding looks amazing. And for that 67 mustang, what a lucky lucky mate you are!

I would take that full double open room (without the wall) and just make it one large room if possible. :) Maybe a nice rec room!

Got alot more done today. Im kinda tired so Ill let the pics do the talkin.

Vanity moved into place, and final paint on the walls dry
DSC01994_800x800.jpg

Another vanity pic with sconces
DSC01995_800x800.jpg

Faucets
DSC01996_800x800.jpg

Kim screwing down the backer board.
DSC01998_800x800.jpg

Teaser
DSC02000_800x800.jpg

backer board done
DSC02002_800x800.jpg

Prefitting the tile
DSC02001_800x800.jpg

Most of the tile is set in thinset now, ran outta space on the memory card, but its there. Most likely not much progress till the weekend. I work nights.

What do you all think so far?

The cedar siding looks amazing. And for that 67 mustang, what a lucky lucky mate you are!

I would take that full double open room (without the wall) and just make it one large room if possible. :) Maybe a nice rec room!

Thanks on the siding, Im still debating keeping it or using it somewhere else and making it look even nicer. The mustang is a sad horse right now, no time to work on it.

Not sure what you mean by your 2nd statement. Do you mind clarifying it?:eek:

I was wondering where I left my Husky knife. :D

You're right, that color way rocks! That bathroom is looking great.

You and the missus are doing a great job, Hopefully you will inspire others.:)
Looks like a finish line up ahead.....;)

Finish line for the bathroom maybe, still have to finish the kitchen/dinning room, utility room, living room, master bedroom, add eaves to the house, insulate the attic, blah blah, the list goes on.

We have inspired some others on another website, but seems like there arent a whole lot of people on here, but you guys like it so Ill keep posting.

Thanks.

Toolman, if that husky goes missing, I know where you live...muahahahaha

Well not alot was happening untill yesterday and today, just setting the tiles, and it still looked the same as the last pics. Thats why I havnt updated, but I think youll all like this one. We started about 9am and stopped around 10pm, so deffinitly a full day today.

Yesterday:
Tore out the subfloor in the kitchen. No idea whatsoever why it was there, other than to make the floors level with one another, but we like the step down so were keeping it.
DSC02007_800x800.jpg

Shot at the wall...hehehehe
DSC02008_800x800.jpg

Guess what?
DSC02009_800x800-1.jpg

Today:
Yeah baby, does that make you randy, does it? No, Im not talkin about ''tater, my father inlaw. The walls coming down sicko.
DSC02011_800x800.jpg

Again, with the open floor plan.
DSC02012_800x800.jpg

The damn header wasnt even sittin on anything, just nailed to the posts.
DSC02016_800x800.jpg

A shot at the socalled sill plate. LOL...yeah right, we literally kicked this wall down.
DSC02021_800x800.jpg

New framing. Purple studs anyone...on sale...$1.65 each, precut to 92 5/8in.
DSC02019_800x800.jpg

Kim sanded the rust off and painted the front door same color as bath walls for now. At least its not rusty and flakeing green.
DSC02023_800x800.jpg

This side got kicked down too...We have a release of some kind with kickin down walls.
DSC02025_800x800.jpg

Wheres Walldo? Oh man, its late.
DSC02026_800x800.jpg

New framing, with proper headers and sill plates.
DSC02027_800x800.jpg

Back