Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What nice laser art work. I like the thingamig with the gears.

Thanks Angie. It sure is a fun deal.

I saw a rooster cut out on a paper one time. They set it so it would not cut thru or burn or what ever it does. You had the hold the paper up to the light to see the rooster:thbup:

I had to give that a try. Could have cranked it up a tick more for the copy, then cut it out with a separate layer at a higher setting. Oval is 1.5''x.75'', 40 lb. paper.

paper test.jpg

Last edited:
I had to give that a try. Could have cranked it up a tick more for the copy, then cut it out with a separate layer at a higher setting. Oval is 1.5''x.75'', 40 lb. paper.

The one I saw was just line art and when it was laying on the table nothing could be seen. But yeah pretty slick toy.

Frodo, I need another sling but this time I want a thumb loop added on about 18 inches down from top.

Frodo, I need another sling but this time I want a thumb loop added on about 18 inches down from top.

take you pick

the one on the right is an AR single point
the pink is also
the rest are regular slings. you want a thumb hold to put your thumb in for when you are walking?
I can do that

DSCN5225.jpg

Last edited:
Gary, WOW! The woodgrain edged one looks amazing! And that is so awesome that you cut out all those gears too. It looks very professional.

Frodo, those are very cool paracord slings!

Also, I mentioned it in another thread, but if anyone is interested, Furniture Traditions is auctioning off equipment. There are pics here http://furnituretraditions.net/auction/ with a bunch of stuff I have no idea what they are, but there is a forklift among the things. Maybe someone here can snag something from them. Ignore the popup about the warehouse sale though.

take you pick

the one on the right is an AR single point
the pink is also
the rest are regular slings. you want a thumb hold to put your thumb in for when you are walking?
I can do that

I like tge ine you made me. Let me take another look at my rifle to see the color scheme but I think the stock is a grey color. And yes a loop off of it for my thumb while hiking

I like tge ine you made me. Let me take another look at my rifle to see the color scheme but I think the stock is a grey color. And yes a loop off of it for my thumb while hiking

I think, yours is like the one on the left, But not sure
I have made a bunch of slings since then

DSCN5230.jpg

Same with mine, it's like the one on the left. I think you need to make more like it.

Guys, the handcrafts are awesome! I wish I had even half that talent!!!

Hobbies I currently participate in (WHEN I have time!)
1) Homebrew beer.
2) Gardening (my specialty is hot peppers and heirloom tomatoes). I just planted some hops rhizomes, so I should have fresh hops for a brew this fall!
3) Plastic model cars (mostly 1/24th and 1/25th scale). Been doing this since I was a young kid - around 10.
4) Bowling. Not very good at it, but I enjoy it!
5) Minor wood projects, such as bird houses. Again; not very good, but I enjoy it.

Projects I would LIKE to do:
1) Fly. I've been up in small planes several times and really enjoy it. Expensive, though - way out of my disposable income.
2) Fix up an old muscle car - 1970 GTO Judge is my all-time favorite, but any GTO or 442 would suffice. If only I can find one within my budget!!!
3) BUILD a car - check out this: http://www.factoryfive.com/
4) Handcraft furniture. I have ZERO experience, so I would have to learn everything.

Through all of life, there are many hills and turns. Every once in awhile, you land EXACTLY where you want to be! Thanks, guys, for letting me share!

Guys, the handcrafts are awesome! I wish I had even half that talent!!!

Hobbies I currently participate in (WHEN I have time!)
1) Homebrew beer.
2) Gardening (my specialty is hot peppers and heirloom tomatoes). I just planted some hops rhizomes, so I should have fresh hops for a brew this fall!
3) Plastic model cars (mostly 1/24th and 1/25th scale). Been doing this since I was a young kid - around 10.
4) Bowling. Not very good at it, but I enjoy it!
5) Minor wood projects, such as bird houses. Again; not very good, but I enjoy it.

Projects I would LIKE to do:
1) Fly. I've been up in small planes several times and really enjoy it. Expensive, though - way out of my disposable income.
2) Fix up an old muscle car - 1970 GTO Judge is my all-time favorite, but any GTO or 442 would suffice. If only I can find one within my budget!!!
3) BUILD a car - check out this: http://www.factoryfive.com/
4) Handcraft furniture. I have ZERO experience, so I would have to learn everything.

Through all of life, there are many hills and turns. Every once in awhile, you land EXACTLY where you want to be! Thanks, guys, for letting me share!
Awesome! My father and I used to work on model cars together (ok, I mostly watched and handed him tools). Do you paint the cars too? Or do you get the pre-colored ones?

I'd love to learn to hand craft furniture as well. I had an elderly friend who used to make furniture and I wish I'd spent more time with him in his shop and learned more about it.

Back