Need Guidance About Having Panel Replaced/Upgraded

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edison came today; they had a connector on their pole going bad so they replaced it. Dunno if it was just a coincidence or if all the movement on the drop was just enough to damage the connection on the pole.

And yes, I am just a young whippersnapper, turning 70 next year.

82 & counting, slowly. Your parent would have been aware, had they been LA county residents, the storm that destroyed the PIKE., and the commercialization of the LB shoreline. A cultural transformation, all the way up to PCH.

I am calling this project complete. Got my first experience mudding, fixing the wall with all the holes. It turned out pretty good after paint, especially since there is a curio cabinet in that corner lol.

Snoonyb, I especially want to thank you for your help on this one. If you are still in the L.A. area, DM me and I will buy you a beer.

You will be seeing my name with new questions soon as I tackle more projects!

I am calling this project complete. Got my first experience mudding, fixing the wall with all the holes. It turned out pretty good after paint, especially since there is a curio cabinet in that corner lol.

Snoonyb, I especially want to thank you for your help on this one. If you are still in the L.A. area, DM me and I will buy you a beer.

You will be seeing my name with new questions soon as I tackle more projects!
That's good to here, and how did the stucco patch work out, were they, assuming it was hired out, able to float the texture to closely match the, likely, painted over and diminished texture?

I'd gladly join you, but since 9/16, it would be a 4day drive.

Anything we can offer assistance on, ask away.

The stucco guy did a good job matching the texture and the color is very close (this pic is when the stucco was still wet). Certainly close enough for the back of the house, lol.

Mudding the wall was a learning experience for me and I would do a lot of things different next time but I think it came out OK for a first time.

Attachments

• Stucco-Final.jpg
    Stucco-Final.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Wall-before.jpg
    Wall-before.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Wall with mud.jpg
    Wall with mud.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Wall-final.jpg
    Wall-final.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
@havasu: Thanks!

@Snoonyb: Not sure if you are saying, "Craigslist has gig worker referrals; you could hire yourself out." or "Craigslist has gig worker referrals; next time you should use one of them instead of trying to do it yourself!" Either way, thanks lol!

Well, now that you are developing a new talent....................

Back