Outdoor receptacles not working I'm stumped!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad my friend you have been busy. Looks nice and for biting off a big project without knowing what you might be getting into it turned out pretty nice.

Maybe you can get miss Selfie to help you with turning the pics she seems like she knows how. You are a lucky man.

Really appreciate the kind words. Pouring roughly about 400 sq ft of cement and building a patio cover was quite chaotic for me. Never work with cement in this volume and have very limited knowledge of wood working in general. The final product came out better than I expected. Not perfect but strong enough to withstand an earthquake if needed ...jk.

You have no ideas how much work I put into fending off guys at the club. Just the other night a guy she knew paid $1000, yup 1k, to reserve a table for her and her lady friends. Then the following night paid for everyone to get into a concert. Dude been throwing serious cash to impress her. So yes I'm lucky but headaches come with the territory. Sigh.

Well you have concrete skills now. They don't call them mafia blocks for nothing. Just saying. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Mafia block as in the mob cast your feet in cement and throw you in the ocean to sleep with the fishes :D

Neal, thanks. Lost 15lbs sweating like a pig in the process. Was really a great experience since I learned a lot from this project from prepping, measuring, planning etc.

Mafia block as in the mob cast your feet in cement and throw you in the ocean to sleep with the fishes :D

Neal, thanks. Lost 15lbs sweating like a pig in the process. Was really a great experience since I learned a lot from this project from prepping, measuring, planning etc.

Those are cement shoes... not like the ones you got when you poured your concrete... the blocks are more of a cement Casket....
Great Job for a guy that doesn't do it for a living... now set back with a cocktail and enjoy..Everything!!:beer:

definitely going to spend more time outdoor. I see a koi pond in the near future to add more Zen to the yard. Have mad respect for people that do this for a living now especially in the heat. Thanks!

She already asked " So how much weight you think the roof can support?"

Wink wink :hide:

I don't know what that means, but I want you to start a new thread documenting the project start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Lol lets just say I'd get banned in a New York minute if I were to explain what I said.

Yea I found the dead beat gfci outlet hidden away.

Anyone wants to help me pigtailing workshop lights connected up to a single switch? Not skurr to admit I don't know lick about wiring :)

Not sure. Will remove the switch tomorrow to find out. I'm guessing the power goes to the switch first. Already have a light fixture in the yard. Would like to daisy chain three or four worshop lights to enjoy my patio at night + some yard work.

If it at at the switch first, you just run from light box to light box and connect all blacks together and all whites together with wire nuts. If the fixture have screws to connect wires to, use a pigtail from the wire nut for that connection.
If the power goes to the light first. The live black wire will be connected to the switch wire, leave that alone and consider both of the switch wires as black. Just like before the white wires are connected together in each box and the blacks are connected in each box. Remember the wire coming back from the switch might be white but it is black for this situation.

If it at at the switch first, you just run from light box to light box and connect all blacks together and all whites together with wire nuts. If the fixture have screws to connect wires to, use a pigtail from the wire nut for that connection.

You mean like this?

search

Back