Post Your Kitchen!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I bought an Older house in a nice location but we knew the kitchen was a gut job. Our plan was to install supplemental beams under the floor to fix sagging floor joists, Remove a section of the wall on the right side of the photo, tear out the cabinets and wall paneling to the studs, re-do the wiring, adding grounds and GFCI/Arc protection and create some new circuits for micro, refrigerator, garbage disposal, etc. Install new cabinets and countertops, install new flooring, and fix the ceiling.

Attachments

• IMG_0167(1).jpg
    IMG_0167(1).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 19
Ran new 12/2 w ground romex for all kitchen circuits including new dedicated circuits for the refer, garbage disposal, micro/hood vent, dish washer, under cabinet lights/ overhead light and 8 outlets. Also ran new 6/3 w ground for the stove/Range.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 8
Ron Van, that looks awesome! I love your decor-- the china cabinet, chairs & dining table, the little touches. Very cool. End result looks great. I think your kitchen deserves its own thread!

Excellent job, Ron!

Are you flipping the house?

No, we won’t flip it. This is our forever home. We found an old funky house on 1.6 acres of waterfront property. I took extra time waterproofing the floor area under the kitchen sink to prevent the same kind of damage that was there before. We used an 8” wide waterproof tape made by Kerdi in the edge between the floor and the back wall and then painted the floor with a “RedGuard” type waterproof membrane to prevent water from ever penetrating the floor again. I’ll do the same when we get to the bathrooms.

Probably someone who needed to move to assisted living facility or someone died & family had to sell it. Or divorce where they had to sell it.

Waterfront is nice if it's a lake or pond or something that has no chance of overflowing and flooding your home.

Despite having pneumonia, my friend deep cleaned his kitchen and got it as clean as he could now that his ex & her people are out & not making messes.
1643681421769.png1643681446226.png
1643681479285.png
Just need to drywall over that big window, put up 2 wall cabinets (30"x24") install undercabinet lights, and build a frame for the countertop over the dishwasher and get that dishwasher end piece properly cut, stained, and sealed. I still need to do a coat of poly on the newer cabinets and the back and sides of the butcherblock to seal it all up.

My mobile island rolled to one end for mopping. I need to trim it out and paint it.

1644611248897.png

Back