What are you drinking right now?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a dark porter that we brewed a couple months ago. Took it a while to get really good to drink.

Recipe Type: honey mead
Yield: 5 gallons

Open Category Mead

Description:

This was the very first beer I ever made and 7 years ago most people I knew didn't worry about the bittering units of the hops. I would guess that they were around 3% AAU's. Red star was the main yeast used at the time. Yeast nutrient is necessary since the honey does not have the required food for the beasties. I used buckwheat honey because I like the flavor. Do not drink this beer until at least 1 month after bottling. Since it is made from honey the ale improves with age. A bottle that I saved for 4 and a half years tasted so good that I wish I had saved more! The beer had a very nice honey aroma and flavor. The hops were enough to balance the sweetness. I don't think that I would change anything except try to make more and keep it a while before drinking.

Ingredients:
• 4 pounds, Buckwheat honey
• 4 ounces, Styrian Goldings hops
• 7 grams, Red Star Ale yeast
• 1 teaspoon, acid blend
• 1 teaspoon, yeast nutrient
• 1 cup, corn sugar

Beer Profile
Original Gravity: 1.031
Final Gravity: 0.997
Alcohol by Vol: 4.45%
Recipe Type: other
Yield: 5.00 Gallons
printer icon
Procedure:

Boil honey and 3 gallons water with 3 ounces hops for 47 minutes, add 1 ounce last 7 minutes. Before adding hops, skim off the scum that rises to the top. Cool and pour into fermenter and top to 5 gallons. Add acid blend, nutrients and re-hydrated yeast. When fermentation completes, mix with 1 cup sugar, a little yeast and bottle.

Eric's recipe

folgers, black and hot, 2nd cup, starting to wake up

when i was younger, I would jump out of bed at a full run,out the door in 15 minuts.

now, I stumble down the hall yawning and scratch'n my *** looking for the coffee pot

folgers, black and hot, 2nd cup, starting to wake up

when i was younger, I would jump out of bed at a full run,out the door in 15 minuts.

now, I stumble down the hall yawning and scratch'n my *** looking for the coffee pot

Well it sure beats scratching your coffee pot while looking for your *** :banana:

ba ba bum!! buncha commodeians around here

aw shucks!! this degenerate group is special ! :beer:

Drinking a dos Equis. Thinking back ten years ago I was living in my truck. Glad I made some good decisions.

Latest posts

Back