What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I work they just hand you a written contact report the first time no need to say a word, the second time they hand you one along with another piece of paper telling you to go home without pay for two weeks. The third time the paper says stay home for good.

Works pretty good 99.99% of the time when momma misses two paychecks the guy wears his PPE no problem.

LOL,,that is the way it generally goes,,,but he did not want to loose my skills
he wanted to "bring me around"

layout man [who does not miss walls] is hard to find....we be valuable:)

ouch,,,,I hurt my arm !!!!

Watching the news and seems like every night there is a shooting and a structure fire.

Lately, burglars have been targeting houses with off duty cops sleeping inside. The coroner has sure been busy! Good riddance to the thieving, slime ball, waster of air, pieces of crapola idiots.

The last one was crying that he was only 17. Maybe he shouldn't have been breaking into houses?

It was damn hot here today. I spent much of the day with an old retired brother in blue who just discovered he has stage 4 Leukemia. Just helped him clean his guns, work on his computer, and talk anything other than his bad medical condition.

Well another shooting and murder last night. No structure fire but Exxon Mobile had a "flaring event" whatever that means but it looks like a fire.

found some new deer feed that is OUTRAGEOUS the deer love it, thy want it

couple of local boys came up with the ingredients and started a company.

DSCN3184.jpg

DSCN3185.jpg

DSCN3187.jpg

I designed a couple dies to form an air inlet flange for a locomotive. Today we made a part.

The funky clamp is to hold two halves together for welding.

Formed2.jpg

1.jpg

I had one of those rolling screen doors that never worked correctly. Walking through my second home today (home depot) I saw that my local big box now carries the corner brackets which hold the wheels on the top and bottom of the screen. I popped off the screen, reinserted the new brackets, then added new steel roller wheels. Then I was able to remount the new screen on both sides of the door. That darn thing now slides without any resistance. Total cost ~$30.

I also was quoted $120 to rey key the patio door, since the previous idiot owner never provided a key to the door. I grabbed a new key cylinder, with two keys, and installed it in about 5 minutes and cost a total of $10!

Today on my way home from work I stopped at tractor supply and they had grease on sale for two bucks a tube so I grabbed a couple cases. Went to the register and paid for my cart full of crap I didn't need and took off. Got about halfway home when I realized the numbers didn't match up. Looked at my receipt and they charged me for two tubes of grease not two cases. My father in law was with me and told me I scored. Within two minutes it bugged me enough that I turned around and went back to the store and asked the lady at the register if she could please charge me for 18 more tubes of grease? She looked at me like I was a crazy person but was very thankful. She was new and the boxes were not set up correctly. I gave her my 36 bucks and was on my way. I felt a huge weight lifted just by paying this 36 bucks that was not even my fault.

Today on my way home from work I stopped at tractor supply and they had grease on sale for two bucks a tube so I grabbed a couple cases. Went to the register and paid for my cart full of crap I didn't need and took off. Got about halfway home when I realized the numbers didn't match up. Looked at my receipt and they charged me for two tubes of grease not two cases. My father in law was with me and told me I scored. Within two minutes it bugged me enough that I turned around and went back to the store and asked the lady at the register if she could please charge me for 18 more tubes of grease? She looked at me like I was a crazy person but was very thankful. She was new and the boxes were not set up correctly. I gave her my 36 bucks and was on my way. I felt a huge weight lifted just by paying this 36 bucks that was not even my fault.

my wife read this, now Chris has a new fan for his fan club :trophy:

she poo pooed Pa in law:mad:

Latest posts

Back