What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7cf3563b0d5af5ef1fdcc80e15fd3449.jpg

Found this guy wrapped on around my fried capacitor on my ac unit. Hit 103 today. Luckily I had it fixed by 11 am.

Are you going to tell the Farmer John plant that you found the pig that escaped?

I just got home from vacation to three completely yellow and dead lawns about 50 dead plants and a few dead tree's. Scratches down the side of my pickup and my living room wood floors buckled. All this while I had three different people staying at my house to prevent any of this. I am pretty bitter at the moment.

I just got home from vacation to three completely yellow and dead lawns about 50 dead plants and a few dead tree's. Scratches down the side of my pickup and my living room wood floors buckled. All this while I had three different people staying at my house to prevent any of this. I am pretty bitter at the moment.

Sorry buddy... I'd of gone ballistic by now.:nono:.

Two of them figured the sprinklers were taking care of it, one saw it turning and figured I knew it would do that. The third which was my father in law who has been there a week is saying it was completely dead before he got there and he has been soaking it for a week. Dog got left inside for who knows how long and pissed on the floor a few times, now it is buckled. My dogs don't pee inside so it had to be from leaving them. Father in law borrowed my truck to do a dump run, rear quarter panel is scratched in several places and of course he has no idea how they got there and it is my problem. I hate people! I learned I can not leave my house for more than a few days ata time.

I realy want to but if I leave again I may not come back. I had great weather the whole time and absolutely no traffic. I sat in bumper to bumper traffic for the last two hours of my trip home this morning in 110 degree heat. I really really have nothing that drives me to come back here except my company. Both my wife and I wonder why we live here? We are small town people living in a big city.

Your brain is probably still on vacation. Once you start getting up at 0430 and driving to LA, you will forget about all the fun you had.

Your brain is probably still on vacation. Once you start getting up at 0430 and driving to LA, you will forget about all the fun you had.

Yup, once I forget there is America out there I will be brain washed back to the same old work til you die routine. Enjoying yourself is for vacation, not life.

A smart marketer would know how to read and respond properly.

Dumb spammer.

sorry to hear about the a holes in the house.

glad you got a pig...gonna be sum fresh snausages on your grill

Boudin

Ingredients:
2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 rib of celery, diced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, chopped
1/2 pound chicken livers
2 cups cooked rice
2 jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
2 green onions, chopped (green part only)
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste

Method:
Place the pork shoulder, celery, onion, garlic and bell pepper into a large pot. Cover with 2 inches of water, bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour. After an hour, add the chicken liver to the pot and continue to cook for 45 more minutes or until the pork is tender.

Strain the meat and vegetables, reserving the liquid. Finely dice the meat and vegetables with a knife, in a food processor or in a meat grinder set for a coarse grind. Once diced, place meat and vegetables in a bowl.

Add to the bowl the cooked rice, jalapeños, thyme, oregano, paprika, green onions and parsley. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid and combine until the filling is moist and slightly sticky. If it appears too dry, add more of the reserved liquid. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt, pepper and cayenne.

To make boudin sausage, stuff into casing (see below for instructions) and then poach in boiling water for 10 minutes.

Alternatively, you can either serve the filling as a dressing, or you can roll it into walnut-sized balls, dip into finely crushed crackers and fry in 350 degree oil for 2 minutes or until brown to make boudin balls.

Yield: about 12 sausages or 5 cups of filling

Note: If you have any concerns about cooking the chicken livers in the pork pot, by all means you can cook the livers separately, and then mix them with the cooked pork and other pot vegetables when you dice them or run them through the food processor.

How to stuff sausage

What you’ll need:
4 feet of hog casing, sized 32/35mm
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
A sausage stuffer

if you dont have a stuffer, just make patties

Just paid my GST Tax.
Spend so much time sorting out stuff for the Govt UNPAID.

thats cool, we have them, but never see them

Just boarded a plane and am stuck for a few hours behind the stingiest person on earth

Back