What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was supposed to be stinky. My phone likes to change things.

So far Idaho is not what I was expecting, it is way nicer! People friendly and it's a clean nice place.

Probably. I did get a cheap hotel and this place is nicer than my house.

Wife and kids. Makes for an expensive weekend. Paid 90 bucks to leave my truck at the airport and 240 bucks to borrow one at the next.

I'm catching up on this. Awww. Bobcats. When I was a kid some guy had caught a female bobcat in a trap. She was alive but had a wounded paw. He wanted to sell her to have her killed, mounted, and stuffed. My father overheard that and offered to pay more for her. He built her an enclosure and took care of her while she recovered. She had some kits that were absolutely adorable. We brought one up to the house and he nursed from our cats (we had about 3 or 4 cats who all had kittens about the same time). Cutest little bugger. Sadly, the kits got amoebic dysentery. We released the mother back into the wild once she was fully recovered.

I never noticed odors much on planes-- but then, my brother is pretty stinky. He likes to eat stuff that gives him gas before going on a flight. One time he ate a bunch of hard boiled eggs and ended up smack in the middle of the center row in cattle class on a flight. There were 5 seats across and he was dead center. As soon as the sign to remove seatbelts and move about the cabin came on, everyone around my brother for like 3 or 4 rows got up and moved away.

Wife and kids. Makes for an expensive weekend. Paid 90 bucks to leave my truck at the airport and 240 bucks to borrow one at the next.

next time you go on a trip like that. stop by any company and fill out an app for employment
business trip, write it off

The one for 399 needs a lot of work, its a log home that was never taken care of and all the log is rotting. I would need to replace every exterior wall. A task I am willing to do for that piece of property, it is at the end of a long dirt road and 250 acres of freedom. elk, deer, turkey and every other wild animal I can imagine on the property. Very secluded. The other is a beautiful home on 20 acres just off the highway with water rights so I can farm or run a couple cow. There are a few homes round it and it is nice but it is not secluded at all.

The one for 399 needs a lot of work, its a log home that was never taken care of and all the log is rotting. I would need to replace every exterior wall. A task I am willing to do for that piece of property, it is at the end of a long dirt road and 250 acres of freedom. elk, deer, turkey and every other wild animal I can imagine on the property. Very secluded. The other is a beautiful home on 20 acres just off the highway with water rights so I can farm or run a couple cow. There are a few homes round it and it is nice but it is not secluded at all.

if you are willing to do the work.
i would pick the acreage,

how deep is water ?

i assume, you have power?
well, septic ?

Yes power well and septic in whatever condition they are in. Guy passed away 8years ago and family is out of state with no interest in property. Realtor just called and said there has been offers onit so who knows if my low ball offer will work but I may try anyway.

Yes power well and septic in whatever condition they are in. Guy passed away 8years ago and family is out of state with no interest in property. Realtor just called and said there has been offers onit so who knows if my low ball offer will work but I may try anyway.

if you do get the house.
that water heater has been sitting there with stank water for 8 years
no telling what is growing in side that tank..trash it,
it could make your baby sick.

then, before using the water, those pipes need to be flushed and sanitized
easy to do,
inject bleach, let it sit, 24 hours, the flush the crap out of it ,,lt it run for 8 hours

lucky bastid, i see a 1500 yard range in your future
you need to get that old bunk house in tip top shape, cause Havasu and I will be popping in.

before you leave calif.
see if you can find a used walk in cooler, from a restaurant going out of business sale
put that in your barn to age your deer and elk in.SWEET!!

Last edited:
Back