What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I hope you get the place you put the offer in on, Chris. And damn, that jackhammering is taking a long time. I bet the stuff underneath the concrete is rocky.

Does the place you're moving to use the same plumbing code?

I've been taking care of my rottweiler who is recovering from the tumor removal (meds every 8 hours), the akita mutt who needs thyroid meds 2x a day, and a sick cat who needs to be checked up on.

I went back for my checkup with my doctor and my thyroid and cholesterol levels are now within normal range. He also gave me some good news-- in his medical opinion, my back sprain was caused because of the tension in my back resulting from the car accident-- so he thinks the other driver's car insurance should pay my ER bill as well as for the meds. He had his clerks print out a list of the bills and appointment info for all the times I came in because of the car accident and then gave me the name and number of a good lawyer.

I'm sticking to my counter so we will see. House has been on and off market for a couple years and this time for four months with no offers. It is more expensive than its area can afford and rural so I guess it is normal for them to sit for a long time.

Sent in my offer yesterday and they called my realtor to say they had another offer. Thought it was convenient that no offers in four months and as soon as I offer there is another. Probably just realtor games.

I got sucked into that "you better hurry, we're getting another offer right now" bull$hit. I now know damn well that this house sat vacant for 5 months and because of that statement, I dumped another $10k just to get this house. That is one of my bigger regrets that I will always remember and is why I really hate the listing agent.

Beautiful house. Are you going to continue your business down here?

Thanks! We are excited to get out of here. Going to be a big transition, hoping it all goes well. Now to get my house ready to sell. Time to recoup some money.

Back