What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for my gun room, huh? Actually, I'm quite happy you got the house. Please remember that I could be had to help move, provided you supply the beer!

Good, I hope you like towing trailers.

Gun room will go in the new house. I still have the vault door and not going to give it up easily. New house already has a sweet basement to add onto.

Congrates!!!:usa:

New is good, only get one run at life, make it what you want, or sit back and watch it go by.
Good luck!!

Congrates!!!:usa:

New is good, only get one run at life, make it what you want, or sit back and watch it go by.

Good luck!!

I hope I am making the right decision for my family. Starting over is going to be tough but at least so far financially I have made pretty good decisions. Let's just hope I am not throwing it all away.

I hope I am making the right decision for my family. Starting over is going to be tough but at least so far financially I have made pretty good decisions. Let's just hope I am not throwing it all away.

It's a beautiful house! I do hope everything works out for you.
I'm hoping you can get a good job there and that your family will love it.

Moving is always tough and takes some adjustment, but it can be worth it to gain new experiences. I moved around a LOT when I was younger. Some places sucked, but others were good. And there were good and bad things about most of the places.

On a complete side note, I could use some advice. I'm gathering up the medical bills and such related my car accident and I'm debating whether or not to submit the info to the insurance company first and see what they offer or if I should just go straight to the lawyer first. I don't know how much the lawyer charges, but the first consultation is supposed to be free.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing. They will take it on contingency and will pull 30-40% off of what you get.

Good, I hope you like towing trailers.

Gun room will go in the new house. I still have the vault door and not going to give it up easily. New house already has a sweet basement to add onto.

Just give me the word...I'll be there.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing. They will take it on contingency and will pull 30-40% off of what you get.

What he said. I am dealing with the same thing myself. The insurance company did not even want to pay all my medical but only what they thought was fair. Only wanted to pay for my rental car for a few days when my truck was in the shop for a month. Lawyer will cost about 1/3 of your settlement which will be about three times your medical and any other out of pocket. They will get paid when you get paid. Also keep track of any mileage you have for doctors or anything else you had to do because of the accident and you will be reimbursed.

Just had one of my work trucks impounded. Driver must have pissed off the cop. Got impounded for no smog check. Everything is paid just haven't had the smog check done. I thought my employee took it in but I guess not. Live and learn I guess.

130 city admin fee
285 for the tow

I thank the sheriff for the costly reminder to go smog my truck.

We pay 35 bucks or something in one county here for an emission test all they do is check the seal of the gas cap. They built a huge multimillion dollar testing place and closed it down before it opened. A guy bought it for cheap and it is now a brewery. I moved just across the county line and we don’t have testing so I save 35 bucks a year now.

You couldn’t pay me to live on the left coast.

Ours is pretty harsh testing. Very easy to fail. It's not so much about emissions but a money scheme. If it were just an emission test that would be great.

Worst part is truck gets impounded and I can pick it up immediately as soon as it offloads because my registration is paid they can't keep it. I paid 500 bucks to have it towed back next to my shop. About five miles. 130 is a city admin fee that they could not tell me what it was for. Tow company charges more because it was an impound. Here is my memo on the check. I probably shouldn't post my company name but I'm sure most already know it and heck it's public anyway.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1473707163.101392.jpg

We had it different up here, you couldn't get insurance unless you past the test. But all the newer are cars were passing so they had few retests and the tester was a private contractor from NY that had a guaranteed income so they dropped it.

You want to see what they do to a truck when someone dies in an accident.

Latest posts

Back