What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably what they should do to trucks when someone dies.

They don't care about not having you drive it here they just want money, plain and simple.

What he said. I am dealing with the same thing myself. The insurance company did not even want to pay all my medical but only what they thought was fair. Only wanted to pay for my rental car for a few days when my truck was in the shop for a month. Lawyer will cost about 1/3 of your settlement which will be about three times your medical and any other out of pocket. They will get paid when you get paid. Also keep track of any mileage you have for doctors or anything else you had to do because of the accident and you will be reimbursed.

Insurance companies really suck. I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm even more sorry that I know you suffered the back injury from it. And I bet the person who ran into the back of you doesn't even care or think about it.

As for emissions tests-- in some ways we are "lucky" here because it is the worst state for environmental concerns. They don't do emissions tests. I'm sure if they did, there would be a LOT of cars/trucks taken off the road (or that would just be driven illegally-- bc a lot of people drive things without inspection and just know what places to avoid).

we had safety inspection stickers on our cars, 5 bucks a year, per inspection.

they repealed that law this year,, no more inspections yea!!!

In Kommiefornia, we have to do smog checks every 3 years, at the tune of about $65. Every place I know is crooked as hell, because if you slip them $200, they will pass anything. One more thing Governor Brown has done to ruin a great state.

Ours was 75 per year, all computer so there was no buying your way thru. They were set up to do a drive thru but most often it was a parking lot.

In Kommiefornia, we have to do smog checks every 3 years, at the tune of about $65. Every place I know is crooked as hell, because if you slip them $200, they will pass anything. One more thing Governor Brown has done to ruin a great state.

It's every two years and 150 bucks.

I found out why that truck failed before. It used to be a gas company truck that had a locating device, when they added that device it plugged into the OBDII port and added a new port for reading. Well the last smog guy plugged into the dead port so it wouldn't read and he failed it. I took it to my guy today and it passed within a few minutes. Told my employee to go drive around the same place he got impounded so he can get pulled over again just to rub it in the cops face for being a prick. It will be worth the hourly rate I am paying.

True story at my old house in the county that has emission as part of the state inspection once per year I always took my truck to a guy that has inspection shop and makes all kinds of repairs (full Service garage) he is told by the state he needs to do emissions or else he will lose his inspections. He agrees and is told he needs to invest close to 10 grand in a computer system and go on line to the state. He says 10 grand to inspect gas caps and tells them he will replace every gas cap that comes in his shop for inspection as he can buy a lot of gas caps for 10 grand. Answer of course is No. he then tells them he has a computer and internet why can’t they use his computer with software and use his computer? Answer is no. can I use this new computer to do my book work and such? Answer is no.

Now down the street is a dealership with ten bays and they say no problem 10 guys can use one computer no problem they just roll it up and down the bay.

The little guy had to put off investing in his business adding a second lift something he really needed to waste his money on this stupid stuff. The really dumb part is if he moved his shop 15 miles down the road he wasn’t required to do any of it.

It is all about money.

Just booked another trip to Idaho for this weekend to do our walk through and sign some papers. I am burning through my AMEX points.

which one did you buy ? i'm behind, catch me up

I bet the kids are going to love it!

I can't remember, does your new house have a pool? I just remember that it had an awesome kitchen and master bathroom.

I'm so happy for you!

I got woken up by AT&T sending a technician out to fix my line. It went out during a power outage the other day & I had to contact them online to order a repair. Couldn't get logged in to the account for some odd reason so I had to use the online chat. First thing they did was give me the phone number to call to request a repair. I had to explain a few times that I wasn't able to make or receive calls. Then they processed the repair request for me & then asked for a phone contact number to call me in the meantime. I again referred them to prior info about no phone. LOL. But, the guy came out bright and early, hooked up to the box at my house and then said he had to go look at the box down the road. It must have been that box because it fixed the problem.

Last edited:
No pool and the yard needs a few years worth of love but really that reservoir and park are a one minute drive from the driveway

Damn, that is a great place Chris.

I went to my ex's house (yeah, my old house) and installed a new stove top and oven. Something that I use to do for free now cost her alot of money.

Yeah, my G/F is not too pleased. She thinks I will be back with the wicked witch of the north, south, east AND west!

Latest posts

Back