What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I am trying to get all my wife's pictures back that she accidentally deleted on her Samsung Galaxy.

This happened a few months ago with me. I went to the local Verizon store and they located all my lost files and photos in about 2 minutes.

As much as I dislike giving all my data & pictures to the large internet corps., I allow my phone to backup on a daily schedule. It is a necessary evil.

I might go to Verizon in the morning. I'm tired of trying. I hate technology.

I just don't use my phone for anything I can't live without. I have an iPhone, the camera sucks and other than that it's just phone calls email and a couple apps like the one I am typing on now. Nothing I would lose any sleep over.

After three hours of trying to get her phone to root I give up. I like how these programs let me sit there and watch a percentage gauge for an hour just to get to 99% then say unsuccessful!

Technology is gonna win this battle.

She can go to Verizon in the morning and see if they can fix it. That will teach her to delete files.

Here is what we did today. Putting in a bunch of 60" pipe for a rain retention system.

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

The dreaded sideways pics. No matter what I do they won't rotate properly for me.

Not for the drought. About ten years ago the state started mandating that rain water be held on site for retention/detention for commercial applications. You have a choice of letting it perk into the earth or holding it for irrigation.

All the new subdivisions here are mountain side and all the storm water ended up in the farm land down the valley. Until a bunch of farmers sued one city for a few big bucks and now we have retention ponds everywhere.

Here it was because of LA. They concreted over half the state and wondered why no water gets puts back in the earth.

It is a strange world we live in. We hae a tunnel under the river but it isn't deep enough for really big ships, so we are going to spend billions to replace it with a bridge so the private guys can build another mega coal port. Sounds like a good plan.:mad:

They already have the cruise destinations headed to Bayonne in 2017. Lots of new cruise destinations and more revenue for local communities soon.

Back