What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt it'll shift the economics of the harbors around. And i can't really complain as it benefits NJ, but it will just subtract from NY harbor. I'm not completely sure of the logic.

And who is paying for the new dock complex to service the ships. If it is just to take business away from NY, that is a race to the bottom.

I'm sure the cities pay for the infrastructures to allow the ships to come in there. That is a money making opportunity.

I do believe in building infrastructure for the good of all business the people that live around it.
I can't speek about NJ but here there will be jobs building a bridge and a new port, and some argue we are competing with Seattle for the business. That is true except for the fact that it was going somewhere near Seattle until western Washington said they don't want 18 coal trains a day running thru their cities. When all said and done we get maybe 100 good paying jobs for well over a billion. And it's coal.

36* out and started the fireplace for the first time this season. Something soothing and calming sitting here and watching the dancing flames. Just a wif of wood smoke in the air and it's nice, quiet and peaceful tonight.

Just got parking tickets on my dump truck and work truck in a coned off construction site. Meter maid said the street sweeping sign still applied

I posted this the other day in the wrong thread.
Today we got finished early so I went grocery shopping. I grabbed a buggy and started in the produce dept. About half way thru the area I noticed a very elderly lady pushing her buggy towards me with a big smile on her face.
As we met, she says, " fancy meeting you here Bill" I didn't know who she was so I just smiled at her and kept going. Half way up the next aisle, there she is again, smiling. I tried to keep my eyes away by reading packages.
Did you know they write things on toilet paper packages? Anyway as she past me she said " I have really missed you Bill. That got my attention and I looked at her but she never looked back, so I carried on. In the next aisle, there she is again but this time when she sees me she just stopped and waited until I got to her and I knew I wasn't going to get past here again so I just faced her and she said " I really have to apologize, I know you are not Bill, I just miss him so much and you look like him" So what the hell I asked " was Bill your husband" and she answered, " Bill was the youngest and last of my three sons and I lost him to cancer last year". I tried to find something comforting to say, don't remember but we talked for a few minutes and I went to move on and she said " would you mind if we walk together, you seem like a nice man. Who are going to call, I said sure and I heard all about Bill and his brothers and how the grew up and worked and died, really pretty sad. About half way thru the store she asked, " would you humer an old lady and let me call you son" I said " sure" thinking what the hell.
So when we got to the check out I let her go first and she is making small talk with the girl at the till and says to her " isn't my son a good looking guy" I pretended I didn't here that and continued putting my things on the belt. So finally she has finished up and starts pushing her buggy away, then she turns and says " thanks a lot Bill, we'll see you later". Not to be out done I responded with " ya i'll see you later and she was gone.
Thinking more about her and this experience I hadn't even paid attention to the monitor showing thing being rung in at the till but when the girl was done she looks at me and says "That will be $328.32" I said "that can't be right" and she said " well that includes your mothers stuff". I looked out and saw she was still in the parking lot and I said " call security or police or someone, that B----- is not my mother". I ran out after her and by then she was at the old Caddy but by the way she was throwing bags in the trunk, that broad was not some 90 year old. Just as she headed for the drivers door a car pulled in in front of her and I thought good I do have a chance of stopping her. As she made a dash to get in she cought her foot or shoe on something so the door was still open and her left leg was still out of the car. She got it started and put it in reverse just as I got there and the door knocked me on my ***. If she turned the other way she would have run over my legs with her front tire. As I fell iI grabbed her leg, not by choice it was just there and when she stopped I pulled her leg while yelling some profanities, but she then put it in drive and I really pulled her leg and then pulled it harder, just like I am pulling yours

Told me I had to park my dump truck a couple blocks away and drive it over when I needed to fill it.

It's not worth the drive to la.

68 bucks for each. It will cost that to get back out here

Latest posts

Back