What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got above 80 today, I was sweating.

It's funny I sweat at 80 in the winter and dream of 80 in the summer.

46 degrees and clear. south mississippi

Supposed to rain again Friday. I think we have had more rain in the last two weeks than we had all of last year.

44 and clear. smells like wood burning outside. i love the smell of a fire place

makes me think of g-ma s house and deer hunting

Right around 30 and calling for snow so the snow race is back on. As amazing as it sounds Erie is in second place 6” down to Grand Rapids and 5” ahead of Buffalo. The 7 foot of snow they got was in that narrow band and a good deal of it missed the official measuring point. It is the same here last winter when we won with 138” the town I live in just 30 miles south of the city unofficially measure around 300”.

We are trying something new this winter last weekend I went to start the 2000 GMC 2500 with 250,000 miles on her and no go. Fuel pump again. I said lets buy a new car planning to semi retire the old girl as she drinks so much gas driving to work if I could double the mileage I could almost pay for a new car. So that was the plan. We bought a Kia Soul. One of those “Hamster Cars”. It came with crazy 18” wheels and tires that looked like a rubber band stretched around the rim. It looked great and alos like it wouldn’t make it out of the driveway if there was 3” of snow. So with less than 50 miles on the clock I put a set of steel wheels off an old monte carlo on it with some lugged up studded snows all the way around and we are going to see how FWD only works this year. Once I get the GMC going that’s plan B on the bad days and will get fixed quicker if I have to shovel vs plow the white stuff.

Here is a photo of the new fleet. She still gets the All Wheel Drive Element in the back with similar winter equipment. Looks like a couple toasters with wheels.

IMG_6005.jpg

Latest posts

Back