What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is now 8:18 PM and the outside temp is -2.2F. High today was about 10F and low this morning was about -7F. Clear and sunny all day and the roads/streets were bare and the ice on the edges was disappearing without melting.

A decent day and I never put on my gloves or zipped up my jacket/coat - lightly lined leather one. The steering wheel was cold until I got out in the sun. In general, a good day for a long trip on good road.

Dick

Screw plowing! I took the jeep out. Went by the new house and took a couple pictures. Its amazing how it takes a freak act of nature to get people out of the house as a family. I think just about everyone in this town was outside playing.

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

I woke up this morning and at 5:30 this is what I saw -14.6 F I took the dog for a walk very short I might add and it was -15 F. My indoor outdoor is only hung a few inches away from the siding so most cases it’s about one degree warmer. Starting my 2000 GMC 2500 with a quarter million miles on it was a testament to GMC as it spun over and lit right up. Even with the plow on and up I drove 30 minutes before I felt a hint of heat coming out of the dash and it normally drives you out. I got to work and looked for the official temperature and they showed it was still dropping at 7:00 and was at -20 F. now that’s getting a little cold for even me. I feel a little bad sitting in a warm office as my girlfriend just texted from her job milking cows saying the cows are a little slow getting moving today.

I wonder if I’m doing any damage to my deck walking on it this morning as each step sounded like shot gun rounds going off.

:help:

Did you get stuck in a snowbank? haven't seen you for a while.:(

-5F at 9:30 tonight with about 4" of snow on the ground and none on the streets and highways.

I just talked to a friend that took off this morning (-7F) and drove north to Duluth (about 150 miles) and came back later. Freeways were clean and freeze-dried and it was under 3 hours each way including a stop or two.

Cold winter driving can be a good event because of dry roads, sun and less traffic (you never get real cold without clear skies). - It gets to be worse when the temps go up and we get moisture from the south.

A little cooler tomorrow, but no snow or slipping. I will have to wait a while to try out my 4WD this year.

Dick

Did you get stuck in a snowbank? haven't seen you for a while.:(

Hi Neal

Thanks for looking for me. I took the end of the year off work, 16 days in a row and went off the grid and enjoyed the holidays more than I have in a long time doing nothing.

Weather here was mild the whole time and a green Christmas. Yesterday it was 60 degrees out and This morning like it was planned I get up to go to work and its 14 degrees and 8 inches of snow.

As to getting stuck in a snow bank I got a new car last month and semiretired the old GMC truck to save some gas. I didn’t know how it was going to be with just FWD but after adding 4 new snow tires with studs I’m going as good as I ever did in the 2500. That doesn’t mean I won’t tangle with a snow bank or two before spring just so far so good.

:)

Hi Neal

Thanks for looking for me. I took the end of the year off work, 16 days in a row and went off the grid and enjoyed the holidays more than I have in a long time doing nothing.

Weather here was mild the whole time and a green Christmas. Yesterday it was 60 degrees out and This morning like it was planned I get up to go to work and its 14 degrees and 8 inches of snow.

As to getting stuck in a snow bank I got a new car last month and semiretired the old GMC truck to save some gas. I didn’t know how it was going to be with just FWD but after adding 4 new snow tires with studs I’m going as good as I ever did in the 2500. That doesn’t mean I won’t tangle with a snow bank or two before spring just so far so good.

:)

Well you missed the party down at Oldogs.:trophy:

Well you missed the party down at Oldogs.:trophy:

Sorry about missing the party I was hunkered down like our groundhog Phil waiting for spring.

9 F this morning with a good foot of frozen Lake Erie piled up in the driveway.

By the way when you see Oldog let him know Erie is back in first place with 44 inches so far this winter. 2.8 inches ahead of Grand Rapids.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

Latest posts

Back