What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero at 7 am. The sky was so clear last night it was amazing star gazing.

Coffee is working and a 3 day weekend, hmmm what to do?

34 and headed to 62...get out the tomato plants and get the garden ready...:banana:

we usually have a freeze in feb. / march wait till after that

got a new tiller, itching to tear up some ground

I know, it's just a spring like day brings on a case of spring fever. We are going to the deer lease Saturday with the tractor to bust up some food plots where we are reclaiming some spots that they clear cut a couple years ago and planted pine. The pines are about 8-10 feet tall now and are beginning to hold deer again. Time to think about proving some food sources for the furry creatures of the forest.

pitiful picture. sorry to hear you got smashed.

I got hit. so i built a 4'' sch 40 bumper. 3/8'' plate for a step and ball mount.

then my wife got hit in it. not a scratch, and the bumper tore the s*** out of his grill, green stuff al over the ground

neat thing about that bumper, i drilled 2 holes. tapped them. used it as an air tank. kept the hose in the tool box

had enough air to change a tire ;)

Chris
First and most important, sorry to hear of the mishap Chris that really sucks and we are all thankful you were not hurt badly I hope. They can always replace or repair a truck as long as you are ok is what counts. Looks like it was all contained to the bed and bumper.

Frodo
I built my own bumper also, you have to be careful to not build something that could be seen as endangering someone else in a collision. Lawyers are always looking for something like that. I have been pulled over and asked about mine asking what I was trying to do. When I explain I designed it as a weight distribution device for snow plowing and made it set low for several reasons for stability but also to match up with car bumper height and prevent dive under collisions when a car rear ends a pickup. My bumper weighs 300 pounds so I only have it on during winter when plowing it attaches into the hitch mount and has two drawbars on each side that hold it solid against the frame. It’s funny every fall when I put it on I can tell people back off right away when seeing it.
I will attach a couple pics.

The rest of you below the Mason Dixon Line, quite down we have a few more months of doing battle up here before we plant any peas. The good news is the cold spell froze most of Lake Erie over so lake effect snows will be lessened if it holds. That could be bad for the snow globe race though as we are still in first place.
24F and spitting snow this am. No need for a coat and gloves today.

salllightsback.jpg

salllightsfront.jpg

sbackbumperlights.jpg

spolelight.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GadpqhGeG68"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GadpqhGeG68[/ame]

Mid 20’s this morning really nice. Just walked the dog with just a flannel shirt on. Ok I know you guys too well flannel shirt, jeans socks underwear and boots oh and a ball cap. My dad used to say our blood thickened in the winter and we could take the cold. Not sure if that’s true as I’m now on blood thinner and I still get used to it mid winter.

Well oldog you’re reeling us in another 60 inches and it will be a barn burner. Nice deck landscaping. We are looking for a palm tree for our new deck.

Here is an update on the snow race.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

Ok was typing this and I just got called away by a screaming woman doing laundry. We have a climbing tree frog in the bathroom. Where in the hell did a green tree frog come from in the middle of the winter? I caught him in a jar. Now what do I do with him? Maybe I can post a photo.

Latest posts

Back