What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trees are all tapped here and they are saying one full month ahead of normal. Now that it’s down sub zero after temps in the 60’s last week. Not sure how it will affect the syrup. Crazy winter for sure. Lake Erie is only 10% frozen over. I got up this morning to 12 to 18” of solid heavy snow. I made a couple neighbors happy with the plow truck.

Neal can stop sending that cold air any time now.

Cold....morning...in the Northwest hills of CT.. headed up to Clarkson yesterday...it only went up from CT 5 degrees as the day went on. By the ride home,, I had 10 degrees at 4pm as the sun set in Saratoga NY.
Thanks to the folks who created heated seats.

20160214_061755.jpg

Cold....morning...in the Northwest hills of CT.. headed up to Clarkson yesterday...it only went up from CT 5 degrees as the day went on. By the ride home,, I had 10 degrees at 4pm as the sun set in Saratoga NY.
Thanks to the folks who created heated seats.

I'll bet the outhouse is a lil cool this mornings, huh?

I didn't know you guys had KM on the speedometer.

They do that to see if the new generation can figure out what it is used for.

I'm sure its only a matter of time til its gone as we don't use it here at all.

We got 4” snow this morning temp in the mid 20s.

Talking about 50 by Saturday.

All that hot tub steam is probably melting the snow base.

Actually I was keeping quiet as to not jinx our chance of winning and also as it has been a pitiful winter for snow fall here. With that said we are in first place in the USA with 67.2” and 2.2” ahead of Syracuse NY. On the average year we should be around 83” by now. Where I live south of town 30 miles we are actually in the snonbelt and normally get double what they measure at the airport that is close to the lake. There is a ridge all around the great lakes and the wind comes across picking up water and then when it runs up the ridge cools and dumps the snow inland.

But we are in first place still. It’s any ones ball game still. We get snow till St Patty’s day at least. Have been known to have some big storms for the drinking of the green beer.

As to the hot tub it could be a factor in global warming. I took the day off today and we had quite a cloud of steam coming off the tub after breakfast this morning.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

We had a dandy April snow storm last night. It got down in the teens and we were up north in the city coming home and visibility was near zero. Cars in ditches every place you looked. Real heavy snow with icing. Woke up this morning to about 4-5” and lots of broken limbs. The spring flowers are buried.

We are currently in 4th place in the snow contest 6” behind Lakewood Colorado. This might move us up some depending how they measure it at the airport but I doubt we can get in the lead with it. Who knows they say we are getting more today. We need 6” to regain first place.

Here is a pic of my morning walk with the dog. Sunrise on April 3 2016.

photo (1).jpg

45 and clear, high of 71 today, sunny

just turned on the AC....

working on a copper project for a friend

all the drippes get cleaned up...when finished, this is 15% silver soldered, not lead free

DSCN3224.jpg

DSCN3226.jpg

DSCN3227.jpg

DSCN3229.jpg

DSCN3232.jpg

It is part of a wine making device.

I like working with silver solder. More like welding than soldering.

Today I put brakes on my truck and the wife's expedition and then built a transfer case for my jeep and put it in. Now to make driveshafts.

Latest posts

Back