What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should only get to 107 today, think I will wear a coat. It's 66 right now at 4:55 am.

Every 5 years or so we get a extra cool summer.
Today is 64' with a high of 75' Next week is another cold rain coming low's 52' only 11 Celsius in the morning on Monday. But other than that it is perfect for 3-4 months a year. Sometimes i need to turn on the fan. Maybe for 1-2 days in the summer some people might turn the AC on.
4773046040_94e514035b_z.jpg

Left home today at 104 degrees two hours later at my mountain house it is 68 degrees out.

Decent day today - AM low of about 63F and a high of about 85F (decent humidity). Clear skies, but some smoke haze from the Canadian fires (several) about 500 or 1000 miles away. Another week or so of boring 65F to 85F and no sales for the AC salesmen or service people.

Dick

Decent day today - AM low of about 63F and a high of about 85F (decent humidity). Clear skies, but some smoke haze from the Canadian fires (several) about 500 or 1000 miles away. Another week or so of boring 65F to 85F and no sales for the AC salesmen or service people.

Dick

Sounds like good fishing weather, been doing any?

Not enough fishing.

Too much good water in town or within 40 miles, but access is a problem unless you drag a boat (hole in the water) behind you or a kayak/canoe with a depth finder.

My favorite for walleyes and small mouth bass is the Mississippi River between St. Paul and Minneapolis from shore, but you need to be willing to climb/almost walk down to the river about 50-75 feet below. Nothing beats working the water from the shore with a very, very steep rock/sand bottom and current and getting a 5# small-mouth bass or walleye with only about 15 feet of line out.

I do some lazy fishing in boats, but that takes some planning and reliance on the weather man.

Dick

I just got a sweater out. High of 50 today. Can't say we had Indian summer yet as we have to have a frost first.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Chris we hang our fish the other way by tails. Then when mercury drops we cut off the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

It is now (9:23 PM - CST) and the temp is 39.0F (40F at one of the official local stations) after a nice clear, cool day (north wind) and might get a little lower, but not a frost tomorrow morning.

The cities and counties are sending out the hired hunters to do the annual thinning of the deer population. I had 3 wild turkeys on my patio this afternoon, but they know it is not the turkey season here now. Somehow, they get smart when the season opens.

EDIT - Wind died so it will be a frosty night except for in the cities.

Dick

9 45 and 70 degrees, feels cooler

DSCN0193.JPG

Back