Who else is watching Obammie's State of the Union Address?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

havasu

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, .......

Yeah, I'm watching Obammie as well.

I missed it and was lucky so I watched the Travel Channel and the History Channel. - Now, I can plead ignorance tomorrow morning at my local breakfast/coffee stop.

I suspect, I will be haunted by the commentators and "talking heads" for a day or two until everyone forgets.

When it comes to politics, I lean toward looking at accomplishments and results and take plans and promises with a grain salt.

Dick

I watched a movie and when I got done I looked out the window and we got 18” of snow in 2 hours. So I went out fired up the old GMC and the radio was on NPR uggg. So I plowed like a crazy man listening to him.

Been to it .... seen it .... he only lies when his mouth moves

The president could give each of you a million dollars and you'd still hate him. Sure, he has liberal viewpoints. But I think he's a guy sincerely looking to reach above politics and pull us all up with him. Problem is he can't dig himself out.

I guess ostriches aren't the only ones with their head in the sand for the last 7 years? :rofl:

The president could give each of you a million dollars and you'd still hate him. Sure, he has liberal viewpoints. But I think he's a guy sincerely looking to reach above politics and pull us all up with him. Problem is he can't dig himself out.

By pulling up you mean the 20k I spent last year on healthcare before my copay was met? It was met in the middle of December, have to start over now. 5 years ago I spent 80 a month on health care with a 10 dollar copay. Now I spend a grand a month and 100% until my 8k copay is met. My health insurance paid absolutely nothing last year towards my medical yet I spent as much on the insurance as I did on my mortgage.

I am part of the working middle class who gets screwed with all these new laws and projects. That is the reason I am not happy with our president.

I own a business, I employ 7 people and pay them enough to support their families while I struggle working 14 hour days sometimes not making enough to pay my own bills. All this while I have a buddy that has a girlfriend and a kid on government assistance with no jobs living the same life style as me except they are eating name brand food while I eat generic.

It almost seems that under his rule I am being punished for trying to succeed.

I bet your buddy also has a few Obammie phones in their pockets as well?

I can't stand to watch or listen to him. I am an equal opportunity hater as I could not stand GW or Clinton either.

The Ayatollah of Hate and Disinformation is not smart enough to come up with most of this left wing lunacy. He was put there by a political machine and has done more to destroy America than either Hitler, Stalin or Tojo ever dreamt of.

Our government is the best money can buy. It is corrupt and inept.

And the next eight years is going to be complete hell.

My next post will tell you how I really feel... :mad:

What Difference Does It Make At This Point Anyway.jpg

The issue I have when I hear him is his condescending, self righteousness that he spits out at anyone that refuses to drink his Kool-Aid. "You can keep your doctor"....when we knew we wouldn't be able to. "They're afraid of women and orphan refugees"...when we saw the majority of them were battle age men. They talk about Trump being a divider but Obama has been one for the last 7 years. The big difference is that Trump's honest about it.

When it comes to politics, I lean toward looking at accomplishments and results and take plans and promises with a grain salt.

Dick

My one take away from this thread is Mudmixers quote. Accomplishments is a very good way to put it. I actually am convinced he has accomplished a lot of his true goals over the last 7 years.

Chris’s post is a great example of an accomplishment. Wealth redistribution. Chris may well be in the middle class and a working man and I doubt he is in the evil 1% I keep hearing about and maybe he’s in the top 5% and for sure the top 10% and that’s just assuming wealth in the USA worldwide most of us fall into the top couple percent. I saw a report someplace if you took the total wealth of the world and divided it by the population of the world that would be very fair right. Don’t work and make your own wealth just everyone gets the same piece of the pie. No evil corporations with wealthy guys running them just equality. Everyone could take their share and spend it as they like until it ran out. How could it ever run out there is so much wealth that these fat cats making the jobs have we could all live forever on the wealth of the world right? Well the number you get is something around $30,000 keep in mind if you have more than 30k you aren’t getting nothing you have to give some up in order to have equal distribution.

There are people in government that think this is better. The method of redistribution can be different but the effect is the same. We are all paying more for health coverage or getting less coverage or a combination of both because of what happened in the plan of redistribution. If the single payer plan could have made it thru we wouldn’t be complaining about healthcare costs we would be complaining about taxes and poor services or our country going more in debt to other countries with loans.

That’s only one item of one accomplishment he achieved the list goes on. The “plans and promises” Mudmixer talked about are the smoke screen to cover the rest. It is all talk and double talk and as long as 50% of the voters take the smoke screen to heart and even see it as “Well that’s what he wanted to do but never had the support of the other side.” Then we will keep getting more of the last 7 years.

That’s my rant of 2016 check me off the list oldog. We still get 3 right before we get the boot. :):usa::help:

Here is a good example of my reality.

Yesterday I was sitting in my office opening my mail, I got a letter letting me know that although I have already paid my portion of the FUTA (Federal Unemployment Tax Act) that is normally .6% of taxable wages paid, the state of California had depleted their funds and had to borrow money through a federal loan account. The state of California failed to repay this loan in 2015 so it is the responsibility of employers to pay a greater tax amount. My new tax is an extra $1,586.00 which will be auto debited on January 22nd. No option for payments or extensions.

This is a prime example of government failure.

Yep that’s 1500 bucks you could have paid an employee he would have made money and you would have made money on his labor and both of you would have paid taxes on the greater amount of money. Call it trickle down if you like but that’s how it works.

Everyone in business expects rules and regulations it would be like a football game without rules or referees. Pretty soon players would be showing up with switchblades and AK47 if there was just reward but no rules to winning. So everyone expects rules and regulations, and you can chose to get into a business based around the rules and if you can make money. It’s when you keep changing the rules as the game goes on it is not fair. The team is first and 10 and runs the ball 11 yards and the ref goes wait that just got changed you need 12 now for a first down. That’s what they are doing to every industry and utility and any other industry they want to win or lose. Team A you need 12 yards for a first down team B you also need 12 yards we want to be fair now,oh but by the way team B gets an incentive of 3 yards per play because we want that team to win.

Chris, just do what most Californians have learned to do. Quit your job, collect unemployment, get free medical, get Section 8 housing, Food stamps, EBT cards, free phones and don't pay taxes.

I heard on the news yesterday that the local Homeless Coalition is now demanding $2 Billion (with a B!) dollars to provide free homes for our local bums. It just keeps getting better and better for these Obama voters!

I heard about that too, they are trying to build large apartment complex's for them. I don't think that will fix any problem but will definitely create a bunch of new ones. Could you imagine the crime in them?

Latest posts

Back