Who hunts?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Archery seasons over for me. After our morning hunt sighted in the muzzleloader. Ready for Saturday morning...

back to the deer woods in the morning. We've got 4 monster buck on trail cam pics that we're going to play hide and go seek with starting in the early AM...

Saw 14 total today. Even saw a couple young bucks sparing out on the gravel road by the truck. Didn't kill anything but time. Great day to be in the woods. Did see this though.

View attachment image.jpg

Today is the last day of my season and I am sitting on my couch drinking coffee. I'm kind of bummed but next year should be better for me.

Going back to the deer woods for the weekend. Son in law shoot a BIG 6 pointer Thursday and missed a HUGE 12 pointer. Guess I'll look and see if I can find the one he missed...;)

Nice deer Rusty, but just think how big he'd be next year ...😱

Good thing we are in the southern part of the state. In the north they are testing for the chronic wasting disease.

Good thing we are in the southern part of the state. In the north they are testing for the chronic wasting disease.

We had that here a couple years ago. Terrible what it did to the deer herd, about a third die off from the disease.

We need the herds thinned but not that way.

The hunters here just cannot thin it out fast enough.

That and regulation doesn't let hunters thin them where needed. A big part of CWD is from farms and ranches. When I hunt Colorado that is big there and it is because farms let these herds of deer just hang out and eat the grass, I saw it all over the place, there would be 30-50 deer hanging out in a persons front yard. Just passing the disease around.

I just got back from my Idaho house and boy am I excited. Every night and morning there were deer in my yard. I could sit on my back porch and watch the deer stroll up over the hills back to their cozy homes in the mountains after a night of drinking from the river and eating peoples lawns. Every evening their were deer in our back yard on the lawn and even had a nice sized buck scare my wife on the front lawn.

I live in town, a few blocks from the town square. I have seen deer on the corner of my block.

Back