1St World Problem, I know... Rocker Switch Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dborns

Reaction score
I know it’s not something to lose sleep over, but I’m a perfectionist. We’re changing all switches to rocker switches. I have a couple three way switches that are not in the same “position” as other switches in a dual bank box. So as in the attached pic, the 1st, 3rd, and 4th are OFF, (left to right). The 2nd is also off, but not in the same position as the others. I want it so that they’re all in the same position so that they match up like the second pic, as far as position. Do I just reverse the two wires on the same side of the switch?

Attachments

• BE783DBF-7013-46CE-BD4A-0317787FC3CC.jpeg
    BE783DBF-7013-46CE-BD4A-0317787FC3CC.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 9
Walk over to the other 3way and change it' position, and then walk back to the offending switch and change it to the corresponding position of the other switches.

What bothers me more is the cover plate screws slots are not all lined up. :coffee:

I'm with Bud on this one. The slots you could see from the other end of the room or hallway. :eyeballs:

You could turn all your switches to WiFi and use your phone instead of the switches. :clap

Back