A welcome to new members

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by nealtw, Oct 7, 2016.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Oct 7, 2016 #1

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

We are here to help, you might get answers from experts, wanna be experts, experienced DIYers and sometimes just opinions.

It will be up to you to sort out what you want to take in that will answer your question or solve your problem.

Keep in mind that most problems are a symptom of another problem, so some of us will ask more questions before we give a suggestion, be patient and try to answer those questions as best you can and photos always help.

Sometimes one of us will suggest something just wrong or even dangerous so others will jump in to correct that person. If that correction is not taken well the thread can grind down to a foolish argument.

I am asking the moderators to just move the argument to this thread so we can embarrass ourselves with a bigger audience.

Maybe with the threat of being sent to this corner we might behave ourselves.

Need a small part? Try amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  2. Oct 7, 2016 #2

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well said my friend!

AND, there will be no more arguing, if there is, it's time out corners.

afjes_2016 likes this.
  3. Oct 8, 2016 #3

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

Can you make this a sticky

4. Oct 8, 2016 #4

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Done.......

nealtw and raftpack like this.
  5. Oct 8, 2016 #5

bud16415

bud16415

bud16415

Fixer Upper Staff Member Admin Moderator

Put me down as a wanna-be expert please seeing as there is no Jack of all trades, master of none.

As a boy there was no internet but there were barber shops and that and the corner gas station and neighbors were the source of information about all things. This place is no different than the information my dad used to get or give at the barbershop. The information might not always be perfect but having a collection of ideas always helps. The think to always remember is you get what you pay for. Most people that regularly post here do it because they like helping others, and the receivers of the information need to take it for what it’s worth.

I think most people understand that about internet forums. I know they did about barber shops.

nealtw and inspectorD like this.
  6. Feb 20, 2018 #6

adam_howard

adam_howard

adam_howard

Well said, dude. :agree: