Allure brand flooring?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney R

Reaction score
I was at home depot, and I saw something they have called allure. It's a 12by 36 inch piece. When pieces are put in place, they bond to each other, but do NOT bond to the floor. Once down they can be moved within a couple minutes, but after that..... forget it. To secrue it around the perimeter you just use some sort of trim, and let it float as it expands/contracts.

My problem - I put it in my bathroom, and it has contracted a little (or maybe things weren't quite square enough for it) and it now has some gaps where it has come apart. When I say a gap - I mean not more than 1/16 inch. My big concern is that water will get into those areas, and lead to some sort of problem. Taking them apart is not an option, the floor wasn't perfect (this is a remodel) so i'm not sure if installing new ones would help. The biggest gap is right in front of the shower door. I was wondering if I would put the smallest amount of clear silicone in there if that would do the trick?

Rodney

You definitly need to get that sealed ASAP. It won't take much moisture to get in there to start getting some funky mold issues going. The floor may be floating but it doesn't breath and will retain moisture under it for like the next millenia.

IMHO I think the sillicone idea you have would work great, but I would be very liberal with the application of it to keep the moisture out.

I agreed with Launchpad, this idea is really useful.
I bought the allure trafficmaster resilient flooring from Home Depot. It cost 40.00 per box of 16 planks(24 sq.ft.).And has a 25 yr residential warranty.It took 7 boxes to do my kitchen. My 10 yr. old grandson and myself(pushing 60) installed it in about 4 hours. I did all the cutting around corners, and he laid it. We didnt have any problems at all. And everyone thinks it is real wood, and was professionally installed.I couldnt be happier with it. I plan on putting it in the dining room next. Thanks

Regards,

I just put it my dining room and was told that you could heat the seam with a heat gun and get it back

My TrafficMaster Allure (cork pattern) is scratching and scuffing already after 2 weeks of light use.

Those of you who have installed Allure, how is your floor holding up with scuff and scratch marks? Did you use the Allure or the Allure Ultra?

It must be installed with a small gap around the edges of it will open up.
I've had mine in my kitchen for two years and never had a seem open or see any scratches and I had dogs running in there all the time.

Back