Another work truck

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad (Marine) worked for the Navy yard in DC. They had a bunch of those old cab over Dodges. Like many of the early sixties Dodges they were "double ugly". I think that is why I like them.

That clean job was pretty amazing!

Because I cheated and re painted them.:D

Nice masking, Batman!

Still came out pretty good.

I don't mask, I use a thin piece of plastic that will fit in the lip between the tire and rim and flex. Works way better then masking.

So spent quite a few hours on her today cleaning everything twice. Filled my big trash can with dirt and rotting stuff from the bed and trash from all around. Painteds the wheels and found a couple hub caps in my storage that fit just fine on the front wheels. Polished the bumper and just cleaned everything. Took off the old decals and fixed the broken tool box doors. It looks years newer now.

Got a set of headlights coming my way to replace the broken driver side lens. Now if I can just find a mirror at a decent price.

View attachment IMG_20120928_110519.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120928_110542.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120928_150502.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120928_150523.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120928_091632.jpg

Another excellent job!

Wish I was rich, I would just do this stuff as a hobby.

That truck looks great Chris. I have an idea...spell out your last name...I believe you will have enough room on that truck (provided you haul a trailer for the last 14 or so letters)

I have a 16 foot flatbed or the 34 foot toybox, you think it will fit on either.

Wonder why I use my middle initial for my company?

Doesn't even look like the same truck, good job man.

Now I need to find a home for it. It is in my RV parking now but I need to put the 5th wheel back there and they both won't fit.

Work trucks equal work, why would you want that?

So I painted the stakes and put them back on, I have to build a new one for the rear but it looks pretty good.

Sold this truck yesterday, just haven't used it as much as I would have liked to and at over 800 a year in registration that was due next month along with a smog I just couldn't justify keeping her. She will be missed. On the good side, I sold it for 500 more than I paid and I kept the fuel tank and gas compressor that came with it.

Latest posts

Back