Any Experience with SpringWell Water Filtration Systems? Manganese Removal and non-Salt Softener

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKraut

Reaction score
I am going to replace our submersible pump in October. While I am doing this, I am going to be moving the tank and other plumbing to the other side of the basement. We have been using this well for about 25 years, and have never loved the water that we get from it. We have a slight sulfur odor and there is staining in the toilet tank and bowls. We would like to remedy this. From what I have read, usually Manganese is the problem. We sent our water to Penn State and the Manganese level was ~9.5x's the standard of 0.05ppm (Iron was below the standard). Our water is not hard, but there is some lime scaling on shower heads and faucets. My wife and I are considering going with both a Manganese/Sulfur/Iron filter and a non-salt softener from SpringWell. They are very expensive, but after 25 years of not loving our water, we are willing to put out the money if these filtration systems can get the job done. I have done as much research as I can, but I have not been able to find out if people are satisfied with these types of filters (at least not from unbiased sources).

Has anyone used these systems, installed these, or have any thoughts about them?

https://www.springwellwater.com/product/water-softeners/salt-free-water-softeners/
https://www.springwellwater.com/product/well-water/whole-house-iron-filter/
Thank you all for your help,

Bob

I would definitely recommend their well water filtration system... (manganese removal system) and highly recommend that you go with a salt based softener over the salt free. Because you're on a well, over time there could be contaminants that foul the media in the salt free water softener and then it will just stop working. Stick with either just the well filter system or the well system + salt based softener. Springwell is a great company too, I'd call to talk to one of their water guys to answer any of your questions.

I would definitely recommend their well water filtration system... (manganese removal system) and highly recommend that you go with a salt based softener over the salt free. Because you're on a well, over time there could be contaminants that foul the media in the salt free water softener and then it will just stop working. Stick with either just the well filter system or the well system + salt based softener. Springwell is a great company too, I'd call to talk to one of their water guys to answer any of your questions.
Hi Connor,
Do you have their system in your house? If you do, what filters are you using? In the salt free system, wouldn't there be a way to flush out the contaminants?

Thanks,
Bob

Latest posts

Back