Banko Overhead doors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARBY

Reaction score
I had the Banko Overhead Doors, a big company down here in Florida install a new two car garage door. Also had them change out the GDO. What a half a-- outfit. I ordered it the first week of July and had to wait three weeks for it to come in. The installer finally arrives and spends from 10am until 5:30pm putting it in. I arrive home just as he finishes. He runs the door down and says, "well, how does it look?" I say, "Seriously? You do know you have two different style panels on here right?" He says, "nooo, are you sure?" Half of the panels were plain flat white and the rest were the style and color I ordered. He had no clue - never looked at the door. He also didn't notice, or care, or both that he installed the left side tracks directly in front of my wall cabinets preventing the doors from opening.

Three weeks later another guy showed up and installed the correct door but didn't move the tracks so my cabinets still don't open. Calls to the company went unanswered.

Now 6 months later the whole system is shaking, making noise and gets stuck going down. Waiting to see if they show up to fix it.

Back