Bats!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billvila

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with Bats. I live in Texas and I know they are Mexican free tail. You can't kill them and there difficult if not impossible to live trap. I called the city and they're backed up and won't respond unless it an emergency. Any suggestions?

Find out where they are getting in and wait until they leave for the night , then plug up the hole(s). Don't do this if they are nursing young. Pest control should be able to tell you when that is.

They are exterior. They sleep on my Porch in exterior eve hanging. But now that you said that I'm going to have to check my attic. People have told me don't worry they'll leave eventually. But I don't want those little buggers giving my daughter rabies. And it's been over a week and there are no signs of moving on(no tiny suit cases).

They are exterior. They sleep on my Porch in exterior eve hanging. But now that you said that I'm going to have to check my attic. People have told me don't worry they'll leave eventually. But I don't want those little buggers giving my daughter rabies. And it's been over a week and there are no signs of moving on(no tiny suit cases).

OK, gottcha. I can understand your concern for your daughter, though they usually aren't a problem unless they start making a mess from droppings. Is there a way to close out the area they hang in with some black screen so it is not too obvious?

Bill, you might try putting some moth balls in some old panty hose and hanging it in the area where they are roosting. It works on crows and squirrels I know. Good luck!

OK, gottcha. I can understand your concern for your daughter, though they usually aren't a problem unless they start making a mess from droppings. Is there a way to close out the area they hang in with some black screen so it is not too obvious?

Not unless I wrapped it around my ease overhang. But I don't think that would keep them out. Are you thinking that the black curtain would keep them away?

Anybody know any thing about bat behavior. There were more there last night than the past month. Do they attract each other?

They should be getting ready to migrate so give it some time and see what happens. Have you tried shooting at them with a bb gun. It worked for my neighbors cats.

Anybody know any thing about bat behavior. There were more there last night than the past month. Do they attract each other?

They do hang in colonies, no pun intended. I think for the mesh to be effective, it would need to exclude them from a protected area where they like to perch.

Maybe this would help:

Bat Exclusion Flyer

They're finally gone. It just took time and continual blast from the water hose. I think it made them mad so I wouldn't recommend it to people who have a hard time running away but who knows there bats.

They're finally gone. It just took time and continual blast from the water hose. I think it made them mad so I wouldn't recommend it to people who have a hard time running away but who knows there bats.

Bats are not aggressive - they were just fleeing for their lives.

They may not be but they scare children (and Me), and I'm glad there gone. It's getting colder in Texas and I think that's why they left.

Probably, there migratory and it is starting to get chilly. Glad it worked out.

I recommned you to call pest removal company e.g Razor they will have someone come out to check for bats.

Hi lurker here for a coulple months. I have a "bat" house on my garage for last 3 years. How do I attract them? I tried to put old banana in there and nothing.

Back