Brick Veneer over Cinder Block

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remout

Reaction score
brick.png

Hi,
I'd like to put thin bricks over these cinder block supports. Looking at the options for bricks, I like the thin sliced old brick that are individual pieces. It's not clear in the pic, but these cinder blocks are sitting on a chain wall concrete foundation. There are 8 of this supports including 2 corners that I want to dress up. I've never done any masonry.

I live in high humidity So. Louisiana, if that matters. What type of adhesive should I use?

Are the corner, brick, pieces different?

Thanks so much!

I once did a wall & hearth for a free standing Franklin wood burner. I covered them with "Z" brick and use conventional mortar to glue them to the surface. Yes, they make outside corners, so the finished product looks just like traditional brick. That was inside, not sure how that would work out in the elements. I'm sure someone will be along with an answer for exterior application.

http://www.z-brick.com/gallery.html

Use a mortar or thinset mixed with a vinyl add-mix, not water.

Many youtube videos on this subject. I think I would look into the ledger panels that many stone yards (and big boxes) carry. See how they fit on a small area like this. Many have prebuilt corner pieces too. I think they use S-type mortar.

Back