california going dry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raise the min wage to $50 all the companies would leave the people will follow, No people, no water, no problem:banana:

What drives me nuts, out here we had a dryer than normal winter and warmer tnan normal spring, and now they are talking about low snow pack, like it just happenned last week. You do wonder what we pay these people for,

By now you have to know that it is not a never ending supply and if you and your neighbors don't control it, it could be gone.
Where is it going to go?

I really truly believe in about eight months we are going to be flooding here. Hopefully it is enough to put a bunch of water back in the ground.

Water doesn't go away and we will always have water. The question is where will the water be.

Are you implying the water supplying wells is a never ending supply, where do you think it comes from?
Water is reused over and over again. It evaporates, rains, soaks into the ground and gets filtered. Wells are simply conduits to the aquifer from where the water is pumped to the surface where it us used for drinking, bathing and irrigation where it again evaporates, rains...

Sewage is just two steps short of the evaporate/rain cycle.

I watched a program about waste water management and the laws along the Mississippi river and how many times the water gets used on its way thru. The part that amazed me is take town “A” up north they by law take out the water and have to clean it before sending it out in pipes to their consumers. They have a level of clean they have to maintain before it can be sent to homes. The water is then used and returned to their waste water treatment and by law they have to clean it many times cleaner than the processed water sent to the homes before they dump it back into the river. The ratio was 50 times I believe. They showed a glass of this water and the guy said this is the cleanest water you will ever see and it was being dumped back in the river for the next town “B” to take out and re-clean. The host of the show asked if it’s that clean and pure why waste all that energy processing it only to throw it in with dirty water, why not just send it back to your customers. The guy said well no one wants to drink waste water. So by the time the water gets to town “Z” how much wasted processing has gone on.

At my old house I had a well and septic and I never cared how many gallons my toilet used to flush as the eco cycle was all right there in front of me. Was I really wasting water if I had a five gallon flush toilet?

Bud, that sounds like something only the government could come up with. Totally wasted effort as far as I'm concerned.

The other thing that bothers me is that people want their water to be so pristine that it's actually bad for them once it's cleaned to that degree. PH goes way down, no minerals which are good for your etc. Then they will go to the store and buy a case of bottled water that has no regulations and they have no idea where it came from. Usually from a tap.

I do a lot of work at a bottling facility and it is just tap water with added chemicals.

My well water tastes great out of the faucet but most people that come over are scared to drink it.

At our old house we had a 100 yr old well and the previous owners lived there for something like 70 years drinking the water. Some water treatment company called when I wasn’t home and were invited over to give us a “Free” water test. I was so mad but I let these two jokers come in with their science lab kit and they started putting on their show at the kitchen table. I offered them both a glass of water and they declined so I poured myself one. As they added a drop of this and a drop of that our water turned brown and looked like well you know what and the one guy said that’s what you are drinking do you want to drink that. As I sipped my water I told them it must be good for you whatever it is the last folks drinking it are almost 100. I had to kick them out after an hour and never did get my free gift. We have a bottle plant in our little town and it takes the same water everyone in town drinks and puts it in bottles and calls it some mountain name.

Whoever sold the American public on the idea that well water was bad must have had some gift of gab! Because he did a great job convincing people that water from a well with no added chemicals is bad but city water with three poisonous chemicals in it is good for you.

Speaking of California, today I went to the DMV because I never received my year sticker in the mail. I filled out the forms and they said they needed to see my pink slip to my truck. They showed someone else as the lien holder. I brought it back in to prove I owned my truck. It turns out the DMV made a mistake in the paperwork when I paid off my truck so their system was wrong. I had to pay 15 bucks for a new title to fix the problem. I argued that it was not my problem and they said the title I had was fine and works like any other title but I wouldn't get my tags. She kept saying it's only 15 dollars and its fixed. I eventually paid it and left. I hate this place!

The tree huggers up here were complaining that some big companies like water bottlers and oil companies wern't paying their share for the water or were using more than they should. So the BC government spent a few million studying the situation and came up with a new evaluation to make it more fair. Now Nestlé has to pay there share for the water they use. $2.25 for 1,000,000 litres. I think I have to go with the tree huggers on this one.

Yeah they pay a whole lot more down here for water. Nobody gets anything for free.

I installed a new water service for Niagara and just the permit fee was well over a hundred grand for the same thing I would spend hundreds on if it were for my house.

Back