Castrol smoker build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going out to work on the smoker again.

Are we going to find a Peterbilt along the road that is missing his exhaust stack?

One question from a dummy... wouldn't the smoker get a better flow if the exhaust was on the opposite side? Not that I would know, but seems logical in my illogical brain. :confused:

Normally yes but I have a baffle plate under the grate a few inches so the smoke has to travel all the way to the right and then come up and across the meat and out the left. This design gives off better even heat.

Thanks for the explanation.

Keep an eye out for that lop sided big rig.

I'm headed to the truck stop right now....

Chris, I took a drive to Long Beach, Belmont Shore and Sunset Beach, and saw this aggressively lifted F-350, with the biggest single exhaust coming out from the bed of the truck. IMHO this was the dumbest looking truck I've seen in years. Obviously an equalizer for his manhood failure!

View attachment pic for GR.jpg

Hey thats my truck!

No really I agree that is a waste of a super duty. Take a great truck and make it to where you can't haul or tow anything and have to have a ladder to get in. And if that aint enough toss the exhaust through the bed because under the truck was working.

Yeah, me too....

Lookin good Chris!

Now I need to get off my fat a$$ and start building mine...

Cause a smoker will help you loose weight.:rolleyes:

Back