Tips for Effective Deep Cleaning

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about deep cleaning lately and wanted to reach out for some advice.

When it comes to deep cleaning, especially tackling those hard-to-reach spots or stubborn stains, what are your go-to methods or products?

I find that despite my efforts, some areas just don't seem to get as clean as I'd like them to be.

Do you have any special techniques or hacks for deep cleaning? Whether it's for carpets, upholstery, kitchen appliances, or anything else,

I'd love to hear your tips and tricks.

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about deep cleaning lately and wanted to reach out for some advice.

When it comes to deep cleaning, especially tackling those hard-to-reach spots or stubborn stains, what are your go-to methods or products?

I find that despite my efforts, some areas just don't seem to get as clean as I'd like them to be.

Do you have any special techniques or hacks for Deep Cleaning Boston? Whether it's for carpets, upholstery, kitchen appliances, or anything else,

I'd love to hear your tips and tricks.
thanks in advance for any help

My Arsenal:
White vinegar kills mildew & mold. It't pretty good on grease & soot.
Hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner, sanitizer and disinfectant. But it will remove color on many items.
Baking soda is also a good ally. (A-#1 for carpet stains & odors)
Barkeeper's Friend works well on stains, but scratches some delicate surfaces.
KBS AquaKlean is a super, duper de-greaser.

Chlorine Bleach? Not for me.
It's bad for the ozone layer. Also, with mold, the mold goes into defense mode and throws spores.

Hope these help!
Paul

My Arsenal:
White vinegar kills mildew & mold. It't pretty good on grease & soot.
Hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner, sanitizer and disinfectant. But it will remove color on many items.
Baking soda is also a good ally. (A-#1 for carpet stains & odors)
Barkeeper's Friend works well on stains cleaning, but scratches some delicate surfaces.
KBS AquaKlean is a super, duper de-greaser.

Chlorine Bleach? Not for me.
It's bad for the ozone layer. Also, with mold, the mold goes into defense mode and throws spores.

Hope these help!
Paul
thank you so much for your suggestion

I've found a few methods that work really well. For carpets, I swear by using a mixture of baking soda and white vinegar to lift stains and neutralize odors. Simply sprinkle the baking soda over the affected area, spray with vinegar, let it fizz, and then scrub with a brush. For upholstery, a steam cleaner can work wonders, or a mixture of dish soap and warm water for spot cleaning.

One thing I've learned is that using the right tools can make a huge difference. For kitchen appliances, I use a toothbrush or a small, soft-bristled brush to get into those tight corners and remove built-up grime. It's also important to tackle deep cleaning tasks regularly, as letting dirt build up can make it harder to clean in the future.

I hope this helps to :)

Back