Cooking in the Garage

Discussion in 'Garage & Workshop Forum' started by Nik_B, Aug 21, 2008.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating:

1. Aug 21, 2008 #1

Nik_B

Nik_B

Nik_B

Does anybody here cook in their garage? Wondering what kind of ventilation you have in there?? And what your set-up is like?

2. Dec 3, 2009 #2

hatfield44

hatfield44

hatfield44

I bake the stuff that I powdercoat. I have a 27 1/2" range that someone gave me. I open the door set a couple box fans around the range blowing out the door.

3. Jan 8, 2010 #3

imported_frozenstar

imported_frozenstar

imported_frozenstar

I have an electronic grill setup on my garage for our weekend drinking sessions once in a while... :D I can also unplug it easily and put it in the garden. :)

4. Jan 13, 2010 #4

Admin

Admin

Admin

I'm currently looking into installing a outdoor kitchen for the summers. Before that though if it got cold I had a few Coleman burners for deep frying out in the garage. What model electric grill do you have frozenstar?

5. Mar 19, 2010 #5

robaljoo

robaljoo

robaljoo

Cooking in the Garage..........not a bad idea

6. Mar 23, 2010 #6

can-am-dan

can-am-dan

can-am-dan

same here i use coleman grill, i'll be putting a microwave soon for those fightnights with the boys, it's fast for a feast of Nachos...:0)

7. Apr 27, 2010 #7

jeniferdesauza

jeniferdesauza

jeniferdesauza

I also keep my motorbike clothing in the garage/ kitchen, guess what this also stinks, I pulled up at the traffic lights on my bike the other day and could smell curry, I was looked to see if the smell was coming from a restaurant, but then realised it was me, it was wafting up from my jacket and scarf, I carried on down to B&Q to buy a drill bit, stood there in a long queue, there were lots of people making that sniffing noise as if to say I can smell that but its not me, every one was shuffling around rather uneasily hoping the person behind them was not thinking it was them, i have to say at that point I could of broke wind then they really would have the full benefit.

8. May 18, 2011 #8

siddle

siddle

siddle

Good ventilation removes stale cooking odors and thin layers of cooking grease that will coat everything. Ventilation will help keep your kitchen clean and sanitary.

9. May 26, 2011 #9

janellelk

janellelk

janellelk

We have a microwave in the garage, which does not really require any ventilation. The smell of popcorn is great to me!

10. May 27, 2011 #10

mustanggarage

mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Garageaholic

I have a microwave in the garage also. I use it to warm up leftovers for the dogs and I keep some gut bomb burritos and hot pockets in there for when I am working and don't want to stop and eat. or when I come home from work at 3 in the morning and I am hungry.

11. May 30, 2011 #11

siddle

siddle

siddle

Never thought of bringing our Microwave to the garage. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

12. May 30, 2011 #12

havasu

havasu

havasu

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Every time I read this thread, I cringe thinking about someone using a charcoal grill in a garage without sufficient ventilation. Just remember that carbon monoxide can and will kill!

OK, I feel better!

Draft saved Draft deleted