Cope Baseboard With Miter Saw

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find it takes long to cope with a coping saw, but pretty slick.

I like the idea, but I would try lesser angles on the back cut. 45 for the first cut is just to show you the profile. When you do the back cut all you need to lay it back is just enough to make sure the corner joint touches. If there is much of a flat on the top it will leave a triangle hole to be filled. I don’t have a miter saw so I can’t test the idea.

Not having a miter saw I think I would use my RAS just on the flat part and use a coping saw just for the molded part. I also think 45° is too much for the back cut (if any at all).

Not having a miter saw I think I would use my RAS just on the flat part and use a coping saw just for the molded part. I also think 45° is too much for the back cut (if any at all).
Your molding head inserts would work fine on your wood lathe. Just make a tool holder that fits the insert and use a cap screw to lock them down.

You might want to use a gouge to get some of the stock out and then use the insert to finish cut.

I got into a double posting. I thought that I had dumped the stand alone rosette thread and tacked it on here. Then saw that it had posted so I deleted it here. Sorry for the confusion.

I got into a double posting. I thought that I had dumped the stand alone rosette thread and tacked it on here. Then saw that it had posted so I deleted it here. Sorry for the confusion.
The double quote above by me i think was my fault. I hit reply and nothing happened so I hit it again.

I guess you have another thread as well. LOL I will figure it out.

I use the same method but on my table saw. I find it much easier to control just the trim piece and not also the blade.

Latest posts

Back